Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting Manager
Looking for your next challenge? How about helping us disrupt a $90B+ talent acquisition market? At Glassdoor, our mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love. We are disrupting an industry by changing how people search for jobs and how companies recruit for top talent. We are on a fast-growth trajectory, successfully marrying user-generated content with high-value job advertising and branding for companies.
We are seeking an Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting Manager to contribute to a world-class finance organization in a high-growth environment. We maintain the Company’s accounting policies and ensure we are reporting in accordance with current public company standards. We work closely with internal and external stakeholders across the business and are looking to expand our team as we aim to become a world-class finance organization.
The ideal candidate will have been a top performer at a Big 4 firm and also have experience managing the internal and external reporting processes in a Big 4 audited public company. This candidate will have excellent technical accounting, quantitative analysis and writing skills and possess a cross-functionally collaborative mindset with focus on the company’s agreed upon goals.
This candidate will be integral to the finance team and needs to be an enthusiastic, positive and hands-on individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You will be a key member of the accounting team responsible for helping develop our financial reporting framework. This role is highly visible, interacting with the CFO, VP Corporate Controller and other key executives across the organization.
- Develop and maintain the monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting process (internal and external)
- Assist in preparation of consolidated financial statements ensuring compliance with applicable regulations
- Assess the technical accounting impact of non-standard accounting transactions, document conclusions and communicate impact to accounting and management teams
- Assess the impact of new accounting literature and partner cross-functionally to address the impacts to the business
- Participate in the development and maintenance of critical accounting policies
- Participate in the month end close process including preparing journal entries and account reconciliations for various complex accounting topics including capitalized software, leases, consolidations, foreign currency, etc.
- Partner with key stakeholders in connection with strategic transactions including performing due diligence and valuations as required
- Coordinate providing quarterly and annual audit support to external auditors for consolidated and statutory audits.
- Coordinate internal control compliance activities
- Perform continuous assessment of the financial reporting process to improve the quality and reduce the timing from close to report
- Maintain global chart of accounts
- Ad hoc projects as requested
- Minimum of 4-7 years of accounting and/or auditing experience, with at least 2 busy seasons in a “Big 4” accounting firm
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- CPA required
- External reporting and/or technical accounting experience in a public company required
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and/or IFRS required including ASC 842/IFRS 16 – Leases; ASC 805/IFRS 3 - Business Combinations; ASC 830/IAS 21 - Foreign Currency; ASC 350-40/IAS 38 - Internal Use Software.
- Proven track record of quality delivery and on-time performance
- Demonstrated ability in researching technical accounting issues and documenting conclusions
- Experience in a high growth, rapidly changing work environment required. Must be able to work with a strong sense of urgency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required; must be comfortable connecting with and communicating with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Highly detail oriented with exceptionally strong judgement and unimpeachable integrity.
- Strong understanding of financial reporting cycle, best practices and data flow among financial systems in compliance with internal control requirements
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and involve others as required
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, including pivot tables and v-lookup formulas required, Powerpoint) and Google Docs.
- NetSuite experience, a significant plus
- Work with purpose – join us in creating transparency for job seekers everywhere
- Glassdoor gives back! Glassdoor is a Pledge 1% member; all employees receive 3 paid volunteer days per year
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage; 80% dependent coverage
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Sunny & peaceful Mill Valley offices located right on the water
- Walking, running and biking trails steps away from the office
- Onsite gym and fitness classes
- Free catered lunch; new menu daily
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
- Your choice between Mac or PC
- Dog-friendly office (with dog-free zones if you are so inclined)
- Free parking
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.