Senior Java Software Engineer, Jobs UX
Our mission is to help people everywhere find a job, and a company they love. We are disrupting an industry by changing how people search for jobs and how companies recruit top talent.
As a Senior Java Software Engineer, you will part of our jobs search user experience team. Scaling to our growing user base and building high-performance tiers to drive all jobs search features on web and mobile will be few of the challenges for you to work through. As a Glassdoor engineer of a cross-functional agile team, you will have continued opportunity to learn and grow.
As a fast-growing late startup, we look for self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment– which means wearing many hats, being able to change direction quickly, and showing an eagerness to learn new technologies as the need arises.
Skills and Requirements:
- 5+ years of software development experience on large scale, high-volume sites
- Strong understanding of Java multithreading, concurrency, and memory management
- Experience working with Spring, Hibernate, and SQL technologies
- Experience building service-oriented solutions and RESTful microservices
- Experience with writing both unit tests and integration tests
- Experience working with NoSQL technologies such as Redis, Riak, Cassandra a big plus
- Experience with Cloud Services such as Amazon AWS, Rackspace a plus
- Work with purpose – join us in creating transparency for job seekers everywhere
- Glassdoor gives back! Glassdoor is a Pledge 1% member; all employees receive 3 paid volunteer days per year
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage, with 80% dependent coverage
- Long-Term Incentive Plan
- Conveniently located office in the heart of downtown San Francisco (Embarcadero)
- Fully-stocked break rooms with complimentary food and drinks
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
- Your choice between Mac or PC
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.