Lead Front End Engineer
Our mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love. We are disrupting an industry by changing how people search for jobs and how companies recruit top talent.
Glassdoor is looking for a talented Lead Front End Engineer to help take our product to the next level. This is your chance to share your work with a worldwide community of over 50 million members in 190 countries.
As a Lead Front End Engineer, you will play a central role in the technical architecture, development and delivery of user-facing features for Glassdoor’s web products. The ideal candidate will have a passion for creating high-quality user experiences working closely with skilled product owners, UI/UX designers and other engineers.
As a growing, late-stage startup, we look for self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment – which means wearing many hats, being able to change direction quickly, and showing an eagerness to learn new technologies as the need arises. In this role you work with a small, collaborative team of engineers, product managers, and designers – so excellent interpersonal and communication skills are also a must. And most importantly – we look for people who can prioritize, multi-task, and deliver – because it’s a lot more fun to get things done.
Skills and Requirements
- 6+ years building high-quality, secure presentation layers for high visibility web sites
- Proficiency with CSS3, Sass, and Mixins
- Experience with React and Node in high-volume, production systems
- Experience with Gulp and Webpack
- Experience with Node SSR, Redux, Routers, Express
- Experience developing server-side MVC applications, ideally Java/Spring based
- Continual learning of emerging technologies/industry trends
- Excellent communication skills and experience in collaborative environments
- Work with purpose – join us in creating transparency for job seekers everywhere
- Glassdoor gives back! Glassdoor is a Pledge 1% member; all employees receive 3 paid volunteer days per year
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage, with 80% dependent coverage
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Conveniently located office in the heart of downtown San Francisco (Embarcadero)
- Fully-stocked break rooms with complimentary food and drinks
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
- Your choice between Mac or PC
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.