Senior Java Software Engineer
Our mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love. We are disrupting an industry by changing how people search for jobs and how companies recruit top talent.
As a Senior Java Software Engineer, you will play a central role in the design and development of the Glassdoor product. The ideal candidate will have a passion for development and a strong background in building dynamic, high-volume web sites with Java using an Agile development methodology.
We look for self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment – which means wearing many hats, being able to change direction quickly, and showing an eagerness to learn new technologies as the need arises.
In this role you work with a small, collaborative team of engineers, product managers, and designers – so excellent interpersonal and communication skills are also a must. And most importantly – we look for people that can prioritize, multi-task, and deliver – because it’s a lot more fun to get things done.
Skills and Requirements
- 5+ years of software development experience on large scale, high-volume sites
- Proficient with open source Java technologies like Spring, Hibernate, and Struts, and Solr
- Proficient working with relational databases as well as NoSQL technologies like Redis and Riak
- Experience building service-oriented solutions and RESTful microservices
- Strong understanding of Java multithreading, concurrency and memory management
- Experience with writing both unit tests and integration tests
- Work with purpose – join us in creating transparency for job seekers everywhere
- Glassdoor gives back! Glassdoor is a Pledge 1% member; all employees receive 3 paid volunteer days per year
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage, with 80% dependent coverage
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Conveniently located office in the heart of downtown San Francisco (Embarcadero)
- Fully-stocked break rooms with complimentary food and drinks
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
- Your choice between Mac or PC
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.