Principal Software Engineer
Gigamon is an enterprise network security company focused on building capabilities that empower our customers to detect and track adversaries in real-time.
* Our mission is to use the power of information to detect, track and dismantle hackers' means of attacking our customers.
* Our team has seen all sides of the equation, as attackers and defenders, in addition to the complex engineering required to solve these problems at scale.
* Our software helps security professionals get an unparalleled view into their networks, perform forensics on security incidents and build effective early warning systems.
We are looking for more Sensor engineers to work on our deep packet inspection stack. Our sensors are an appliance that our customers deploy on their networks. They are responsible to processing traffic in real-time on networks upwards of 10Gb/s. The appliance analyzes traffic and uploads relevant information to our centralized service and data tiers. We are looking for someone to help us with optimizing our DPI stack for performance and throughput, adding new capabilities in terms of packet analysis and file analysis as well as to help us further improve our sensor deployment and provisioning automation.
If you are passionate about building robust, high-scale systems and working with on high throughput packet-capture and analysis code, then Gigamon might be the place for you.
Core Job Role
* Design, build, test and deploy performant packet capture and analysis code.
* Design, build, test and deploy performant file analysis code.
* Engineer solutions to maintain high SLAs in a rapidly evolving production environment.
* Monitor and troubleshoot core sensor platform issues.
* Exceptional documentation and thorough QA.
* Flexible work and vacation schedule
* Competitive pay and benefits
* We put great emphasis building well tested and stable solutions
* 5 or more years of professional software engineering experience.
* 5 or more years of C/C++ or Golang experience.
* Familiarity with Object Oriented programming and concepts.
* Experience in developing high performance native code solutions.
* Familiarity with Linux operating system concepts and networking.
* Experience with networking software (routers, firewalls, pcap, etc.).
* Experience deploying, monitoring and maintaining linux based systems.
* The candidate must be able to successfully complete a criminal background investigation.
Employment at Gigamon is contingent on meeting eligibility requirements which may include additional security screening on being able to obtain a government sponsored security clearance.