Sr. Manager, Technical Marketing Engineering
Would you like to change the way organizations run and secure their networks? We do! With almost 2x the market share of the next competitors (combined!), Gigamon is in the best position to make that vision a reality. What is Gigamon revolutionizing?
Simply put, enterprise, government and service provider networks are a tangled mess of old and modern complex networks and applications, that’s still being managed like it was still the 90s. Our goal is to become the single platform that every network analysis and security product plugs into for access to all of the organization’s data in motion, whether on-premises or in a private or public cloud. We are looking for the Rockstar Manager of Technical Marketing Engineering who’s hungry to make a difference.
Reporting to the Vice President of Product and Technical Marketing, the right candidate must be have the depth to understand, innovate and communicate technical matters. For this role we are leaning towards a person with a strong technical background who likes to interface with customers. Lastly, we need someone who exudes confidence, brings a gravitas and loves what they do.
The day-to-day role:
- Manage a team of three extraordinary TMEs
- Understand the “landscape”, both complementary and competitive
- Define a vision for taking product / functionality to the world
- Enable the field, sales and channel partners, with new knowledge
- Meet with customers and prospects, share our vision and understand their needs
- Work with 3rd party companies to understand how 1+1 can = 3, and build the compelling message and demo
- Create written and video collateral for each product / functionality release
- Write (or at least outline) compelling ideas and thought leadership papers and blogs
- Create guide documents for deployment, troubleshooting, and evaluation guides.
- Has managed, or can demonstrate the ability to manage teams
- Gigamon is making strong advances in cloud data visibility. The candidate must have a solid background in public or private cloud technologies
- Technical expertise in enterprise networks or cybersecurity, with team management experience. If you have all three – you are our Perfect Storm
- A strong communicator who we’re proud to put in front of customers
- Track record of having written high quality technical collateral
- TME or Technical Systems Engineering background is typical, but we value and encourage diversity.
Do you love being at the intersection of Products, Marketing, Sales, Partners and customers, blending innovation and experience to create new business models, and like working in a fast-growing, dynamic organization? We’ve got you covered!