Director of Worldwide Partner Marketing and Development
Gigamon is seeking a Director of Worldwide Partner Marketing and Development to play a vital role on our global marketing team. The right candidate will be a team player with excellent cross-functional project leadership skills, a deep understanding of and practical experience executing successful go-to-market channel strategies, an excellent communicator and relationship-builder with Sales and Partners. They will have an outstanding track record of results building business through the channel and broader partner ecosystem.
S/he will be responsible for managing the team designing and developing programs to recruit, onboard, enable and activate channel partners to build their own Gigamon business and become self-supporting revenue generators for the company.
If you love being at the intersection of Sales, Marketing and Partners, blending innovation and experience to create new business with channel partners, and like working in a fast-growing dynamic organization, then this is the place for you.
- Define and develop our global partner marketing, communications and development strategy, including Partner value proposition(s), messaging, benefits, investments (both Gigamon and Partner) and expected results.
- Provide leadership to the global partner marketing and development team, and ensure Partner marketing best practices are replicated globally.
- Adapt (“partnerize”) global marketing campaigns, programs and promotions to ensure suitability for Partner Marketing purposes to build pipeline and accelerate revenue, and support Field-developed programs designed for the same purpose.
- Develop and communicate Gigamon WW Partner Program resources. Collaborate with Channel Sales and Operations in defining program elements, metrics and processes.
- Engage with the media and analyst community to promote Partner Program, messaging and proposition.
- Develop and communicate partner-facing value propositions for Gigamon, its products and solutions (why Gigamon, how to build your business with Gigamon). Manage partner facing launches of product updates and new products.
- Support the creation of Partner recruitment and onboarding collateral and sales tools.
- Support the development of online and in-person training content for Partners. Collaborate with Enablement and Field teams on enablement program development and execution.
- Organize and deliver online and in-person Partner events, such as Partner Advisory Councils, Partner Conferences and Partner briefings.
- Manage and enhance Partner Marketing and Development platforms and tools, including the Partner Portal, Learning Management System, Co-Marketing platforms and Sales Enablement apps.
- Conduct market research, partner surveys etc. to inform decisions and maximize ROI from Partner investments.
- Manage the Partner MDF program, monitoring performance to maximize ROI of MDF spend. Collaborate with Field Marketing on MDF allocation, spend guidelines and activity execution.
- Onboard and develop basic content with technology partners. Support ongoing technology partner marketing and enablement activities.
- Manage cloud alliance program and alliance partners
- Create partner communications materials to support Partner audience and community development, including Partner Portal updates, newsletters and monthly webinars.
- Generate regular communications and updates on program plans and results to demonstrate maximum return on investments.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Channel operations to measure results of Partner Marketing activities and investments.
Desired Skills and Experience
- BA/BS degree in related field.
- 10+ years of marketing/partner marketing experience, including partner recruitment, onboarding, enablement and activation in the high-tech industry. Preferably in the security technology market.
- Strong people management capabilities, including recruiting of world-class talent, development and motivation of high-performance teams.
- An excellent understanding of Marketing functional disciplines and partner management processes.
- Experience creating and implementing proven successful strategies for creating demand for new offerings in the channel.
- Significant international experience.
- Strong collaboration and negotiation skills, showing ability to influence without ownership, gaining support and trust across the organization to achieve agreed upon business outcomes.
- Excellent communicator with proven ability to clearly convey complex ideas and data in written, presentation and spoken formats to a variety of audiences, including customers, channel partners, sales, analysts and journalists.
- Outstanding project management skills and the proven ability to manage multiple complex initiatives in parallel.
- A personal style that is viewed as open-minded and collaborative