Principle Software Engineer - Data Storage, ETL and Analytics
Gigamon is an enterprise network security company focused on building capabilities that empower our customers to detect and track adversaries in real-time.
- Our mission is to use the power of information to detect, track and dismantle hackers' means of attacking our customers.
- Our team has seen all sides of the equation, as attackers and defenders, in addition to the complex engineering required to solve these problems at scale.
- Our software helps security professionals get an unparalleled view into their networks, perform forensics on security incidents and build effective early warning systems.
We are looking for Data Engineer to help us solve complex search and pattern matching problems at petabyte scale. Our data collection needs to operate in near real-time, our data stores need to scale linearly with our datasets, our search needs to perform sub-second matches, our classifiers and behavior analytics need to operate over streaming data sets, and our pattern matching needs to support a variety of operators, window functions, and custom intersection semantics. We work with a number of data storage and processing systems, including MySQL, Postgres, Hadoop, HBase/Phoenix, Spark, Elasticsearch, a variety of AWS data services as well as some proprietary systems.
If you are passionate about building robust, high-scale system, working with large data sets and protecting public and private organizations from today's ever increasing cyber threats, then Gigamon might be the place for you.
Core Job Role
- Design, build, test and deploy scalable systems to store, process and retrieve high-rate event streams.
- Build systems and processes for ETL, enrichment, alerting, and indexing high-rate event streams.
- Support the Operations team in capacity planning and performance tuning for large scale systems.
- Implement processes for applying data-analysis algorithms to event-streams.
- Flexible work and vacation schedule
- Competitive pay and benefits
- We put great emphasis building well tested and stable solutions
- 8 or more years of professional software engineering experience.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with the Hadoop ecosystem: Hadoop, HBase, Spark
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Java
- Experience in developing high performance and scalable systems
- Experience with Elasticsearch or other Lucene-based datastores, a plus
Employment at Gigamon is contingent on meeting eligibility requirements which may include additional security screening on being able to obtain a government sponsored security clearance