Manager of Knowledge and KCS Programs
We are seeking an experienced (8+ years of experience) individual to manage knowledge systems, programs and related processes for the Gigamon Global Support organization. The successful candidate will be a visionary who can partner with Global Support to gather business requirements and use cases, develop a vision for knowledge management, lead the team that implements the vision, work with Support to transition the organization to the new methodology, and manage the ongoing success of Knowledge Programs at Gigamon.
This role will be responsible for assembling all of the existing Support content (existing KB articles, bug data, training documentation or videos, whitepapers, community information, technical documentation, etc.) into our Salesforce knowledge base. Candidate will have experience leading cross-functional teams in designing and implementing Knowledge Management processes and systems for large support organizations, inclusive of related project and change management efforts.
The candidate should be customer-focused and familiar with the networking space ( with knowledge of Network Pack Broker space as a plus). Candidate should be process-oriented, with demonstrated experience implementing programs resulting in organizations becoming more efficient using collaborative, web-based tools. Key success criteria for this role will be successfully contributing to improving Global Support time-to-resolution, as well as the positive impact to Gigamon support costs. The ideal candidate will have 8-10 years experience in self-help, knowledge management and/or customer service program management.
- Successfully manage the implementation and adoption of Knowledge Centered Support at Gigamon
- Strategic and operational responsibility of Gigamon Support’s knowledge base, internal training, documentation, Confluence information.
- Understand and make recommendations on best in class software to assist in the effort.
- Quantify impact of efforts and accountable to drive successful handling of contact by self-help, community-based help, etc.
- Liaise with key stakeholders across the business (support, engineering, marketing, IT, etc.) to understand dependencies and implement the right solutions for the Gigamon community,
- Drive efforts to improve the Customer experience by participating and shaping the strategy of the Support organization.
- Build, develop, and lead the Knowledge Programs virtual team.
- Develop, communicate and manage employee performance plans and departmental objectives including contributing to the professional development of the team. This should all be aligned to overall Global Support and company outcomes
- Must be comfortable leading informally across the organization, challenge the status quo, and developing better ways to support customers.
Knowledge/experience of high-tech service/support industry, specifically
- 8+ years program management experience in leading large cross-functional efforts. Prefer 3+ years working in self-help and knowledge management.
- 5+ years’ experience leading cross-functional teams
- Technical support and call center operations including performance metrics, continuous improvement and process excellence.
- Web self-service and knowledge base technology.
- Defining and documenting business system requirements.
- Analyzing business processes and implementing improvements.
- Providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Proactively seeks feedback and input; actively listens to others.
Knowledge of the following technologies:
- Strong Salesforce or related knowledge system experience.
- Strong Knowledge Centered Support experience.
- Lithium or related forum experience.
- Video recording and editing a plus
- Salesforce or related CRM experience with case, asset, account, and contact management.
- Analytics experience, especially Google Analytics, and Adobe Web Analytics
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Motivated by the challenges and rewards of a fast moving company.
- Challenges the existing method and constantly innovates.
- Able to easily work well with individuals at all levels.
- Builds organizational relationships and fosters open communication.
- Excels at cross-functional collaboration.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing demands based upon the needs of the business.
- Able to work independently, establish priorities and demonstrate good judgment skills.
- Able to handle multiple, concurrent projects and perform well under pressure.
- Analytical, creative, efficient, driven, and tenacious.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.