Sr. Principal Engineer HW
We are seeking a Principal Hardware Engineer to help perform board level circuit design and development, including digital and analog technologies. The candidate will be working as part of a small, dynamic team and must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform board level circuit design and development, including digital and analog technologies.
- Responsible for the design and development of new products as well as the support and modification of existing products.
- Responsible for conceptual design, parts selection, design simulation, detailed design, schematic capture and PCB design rules creation.
- Support board layout as well as board and system level bring-up, debug and verification.
- Manage prototype builds with contract manufacturers.
- Execute test protocols and document results.
- Support the boards and systems during environmental testing and entry into production
Education / Experience:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years of applicable design experience designing networking products or equivalent
- Experience with high-speed bus design, signal integrity analysis, Ethernet (IEEE 802.3).
- Experience with the design of low-noise, high-efficiency on-board power regulation circuits.
- Strong board level debug and verification skills.
- Experience using test equipment such as oscilloscopes and logic analyzers.
- Prior experience writing product specifications, test plans, test procedures.
- Experience using DxDesigner schematic capture tool preferred.
- Must be willing to learn new skills, be a self-started and team player.
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities effectively in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to recognize problems, gather data, draw valid conclusions, and effectively present information to managers, peers, and customers
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people.