Regional Sales Director - Chicago
Gigamon seeks a motivated individual to fill the position of Regional Sales Director based in the Chicago area. As a direct sales position, you will identify, qualify and capture tactical sales opportunities that will align Gigamon strategically. In this role, you will also command and manage all the moving parts through the full life cycle to closure. We are searching for an entrepreneurial self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, completing multiple complex tasks simultaneously, who can use his or her direct sales talent to expand adoption of Gigamon capabilities. Duties also include development of business strategies and solutions for complex and multi-faceted customer problems, and internally provide advice to support the overall growth strategy for driving Gigamon’s business activities in the Moutain region.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Advanced level of specialized knowledge, with record of sales success; expert in the field
- Responsible for the sales of company’s products within an assigned geographic territory and within an assigned group of named accounts within the Region. Achieves sales budget by the growth of existing accounts and the development of new accounts
- Maintains database of customers. Enters interactions with customers in SalesForce database
- Uses available resources to develop effective sales calls. These resources include opportunities identified by previous sales calls, invoices, Tech Service cases, webinar attendees and sample requests
- Sells new and existing products, discovers new opportunities, and secures incremental business
- Explores, identifies, and communicates potential opportunities with the Regional Business Managers and Product Managers
- Consistently performs effective sales calls throughout the assigned territory and closes new business opportunities
- Attends trade and vendor shows and meetings as required
- Provides timely communication and follow-up to customers, consistently meets the customers’ expectations
- Provide pertinent market and competitive information to the organization
- In collaboration with Product Managers, develops short and long-range strategies for product expansion; assesses potential application of the company products to meet customer needs and prepares detailed product specifications for the development, implementation, and customization of customer solutions
- Collaborates with Product Managers on presentations, product demonstrations, and on-site customer visits
- Represents Sales group on cross-functional team interfacing with R&D, production, and manufacturing to develop new products or enhance existing products or product lines
- Researches and analyzes the territories and the company’s markets, competition and product mix; makes presentations on new and existing products to current and potential customers
- Provides innovative problem-solving approaches to enhance organizational capabilities; uses peer network to expand technical and sales capabilities and identify new sales opportunities
- Devises new approaches to problems encountered, shares approach with Regional Business Managers
- Uses a wide application of complex principles, theories and concepts in the specific field
- Creates opportunities to enhance technical methodology or content through expansion of existing or development of new efforts
- Assists in providing training to lower level Sales staff
- Other duties as assigned
Education / Experience
- 10+ years of direct selling experience in the Networking or/and Network Security space.
- Track record of success as “rookie of the year”, President’s club, YoY attainment of quota.
- Excellent consultative, solution selling skills to all levels within organizations.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills a must.
- Reside in region, track record of relationships with local major accounts and channel partners.
- Experience with SalesForce. Disciplined around forecasting.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, CIS, or related field preferred.
- Background in sales engineering, or training in CS, IT, EE a plus