Senior Sales Director
Senior Sales Director - DACH provides strategic vision, thought leadership and robust account management to Gigamon’s Sales teams to drive accelerated new business orders and revenue growth in key markets. The SSD provides direction in planning, organizing, leading and controlling sales growth initiatives, client relationship building, and customer satisfaction. S/he will actively engage with sales engineering, finance, marketing, field sales and clients in the development of new and expanded client revenue streams. Detailed responsibilities include:
- Build a high performing Sales organization able to achieve superior results, grow business with existing customers, and close new opportunities and new logos
- Attract, recruit, train, and retain exceptional sales talent
- Facilitate the working relationships with the direct and indirect sales channels, Regional Leadership Teams, Marketing and Sales Engineering organizations
- Create a vision for the Sales organization by creating a strategic roadmap and define metrics for UKI. Report on metrics to measure performance of Sales activities
- Provide focused training or mentoring, knowledge and sales efforts to increase traction, client penetration, learning and sales
- Coach and apply sales discipline and best practices to penetrate new accounts and continually work to improve client satisfaction
- Support the development of sales proposals, configurations and pricing strategies that win against the competition
- Partner to expand existing client base to drive broader opportunities and insure proper alignment and sales resource allocation within new and existing customers
- 5+ years of experience leading a sales team within a high-tech organization. 2+ years of experience in 2nd line sales management.
- Tier 1 technology company experience, and experience managing / building 5M+ business
- Key strength in selling network infrastructure or/and network security technologies to end-users.
- Experience working with channel resellers focused on Networking and Security technologies, and has relationships with Gigamon ecosystem partners
- Experience with large enterprise account management – region includes Gigamon’s largest enterprise accounts.
- Experience with large SP’s that include: DT, Vodafone, T-Mobile etc
- Experience building / managing the DACH region
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively at senior levels within a highly matrix business environment
- Ability to manage and analyze all areas associated with sales activities and processes (e.g., Account Plans, Salesforce.com, target market planning) to ensure primary goals are achieved and appropriate attention is dedicated to prospecting and calling on client
- Can attract and retain the industries best sales and SE talent
- Track record of developing geographic territories (territory planning) and large strategic accounts (account planning)
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing, IT discipline and/or related field.
- Strategic thinker with a strong sales mentality
- Excellent personal and communication skills (verbal and written) in German and English