Sr. Manager, SW QA Engineering
Gigamon is looking for a Manager or Sr Manager candidate for an Embedded QA team to lead and deliver quality SW/HW releases.
- Managing resources effectively to deliver commitment on schedule
- Drive the Performance and scale test strategy and execution for the QA team.
- Design and Lead Test Automation initiatives, including Continuous Delivery (CD) and Continuous Integration (CI) strategy for R&D
- Manage the End to End Regression strategy.
- Cultivate a high performing team and constantly raising the bar
- Ability to attract, groom and retain top talent
- Closely collaborate with peer development and QA teams, architecture, customer support, and product line management
- As a key member of the Engineering management staff, contribute to the vision and strategy of continuous integration, improved development/QA processes, quality and productivity of test functions
- Hardware Platform and Features Delivery are ensured on time with quality
- Working closely with Peer Teams like Development, System Test, Support for Quality product delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring Timely test case execution with a customer quality focus.
- Field escalations; working with support and development in troubleshooting and reproducing field reported escalation issues
- Work closely with development to ensure efficient test case progress and bug fix rate
- Understand HW & SW architecture of products, and their implications on feature and system testing
- 10-16 years(or more) of overall relevant industry experience and a track record of shipping core-networking products for the enterprise and service provider markets
- At least 3-5 years of management experience leading the Functional or System Test QA Team.
- Experience in L2/L3 protocols with system test/regression background, and scripting knowledge (Python).
- Deep understanding of full product life cycle, software development methods (both Agile and Waterfall), and development/test and build environments
- Ability to undertake loosely defined goals or complex problems to create order, and drive to closure.
- Ability to organize, delegate, and effectively deliver to large and complex programs.
- Ability to drive multi-geo projects by working effectively with remote teams.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment, with a bias towards action and results.
- Ability to mentor/coach/teach/facilitate and lead change in a highly technical/dynamic team.
- Manage major software release deliveries as a release manager
- Conflict resolution skills including the ability to bridge style difference.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, listening, and written communication skills, both within the team and across the organization.
- BS/MS in CS, IT or ECE, strongly preferred