Staff Software Engineer - Infrastructure Engineer
Gigamon is an enterprise network security company focused on building capabilities that empower our customers to detect and track adversaries in real-time.
- Our mission is to use the power of information to detect, track and dismantle hackers' means of attacking our customers.
- Our team has seen all sides of the equation, as attackers and defenders, in addition to the complex engineering required to solve these problems at scale.
- Our software helps security professionals get an unparalleled view into their networks, perform forensics on security incidents and build effective early warning systems.
We are looking to grow our DevOps team to help scale and automate infrastructure for Gigamon Insight. This is an opportunity to be part of a small team that moves fast and directly impacts the success of the product. We are quick to collaborate and implement, often developing our own applications for the task at hand.
If your passionate about solving problems with elegant solutions, Gigamon might be the place for you.
Core Job Role
- Architect, implement, and maintain production infrastructure
- Engineer solutions to maintain high SLAs in a rapidly evolving production environment
- Triage and resolve incidents, act as primary point of contact and escalation
- Monitor multi-tiered services
- Implement & evangelize security best practices
- Flexible work and vacation schedule
- Competitive pay and benefits
- We put great emphasis building well tested and stable solutions
- 10+ years of experience of unix systems administration
- Experience managing public cloud providers, AWS preferred
- Software engineering experience, Go is our teams preferred language
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining multi-tiered applications
- Experience with change management software, Puppet and Terraform is preferred
- Familiarity of continuous delivery environments and tooling
- Familiarity in network administration and networking concepts
- The candidate must be able to successfully complete a criminal background investigation
- Remote work options available, no relocation services for candidates outside the Seattle area