Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer – Mobility
We are seeking a Software Engineer for our GigaSMART team. GigaSMART is our advanced traffic intelligence technology. The candidate will be working as part of a small, dynamic team and will be responsible for designing, coding, testing & automating embedded systems functionality with focus on innovative high-performance applications using multimedia communication protocols. The candidate will work with cross-functional groups to contribute to products specifications, software architecture and design. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
- Contribute to overall product requirements, design, and validation.
- Design, develop and validate various functions in our product line to meet customer solutions.
- Conduct feasibility analysis for proposed solutions.
- Produce functional specifications and design documents.
- Implement the needed functionality along with validation of them via manual and automated process.
- Test case creation, design, review and execution with customer quality focus.
- Understand HW & SW architecture of products, and their implications on feature design/testing.
- Characterize and resolve performance and scalability issues.
- Work closely with the automation team to integrate test cases to the full regression test suite.
- 7+ years of software development experience in networking and mobility space
- Proficient in Internet protocols especially IPv4/IPv6, TCP and UDP as pertaining to Mobility Multihoming , IP fragmentation and TCP segmentation
- Experience developing software for 3GPP standards including EPC/LTE/5G and Gn technologies (GTPv1, GTPv2) is plus
- Knowledge of IMS architecture including Diameter (S6a, Gx), SIP, SDP, (S)RTP, RTCP, etc.
- Knowledge of Enterprise/Service Provider Network Deployments.
- Experience contributing at all stages of software development and test life-cycle.
- Experience in software-based packet handling and multi-core, multi-threading systems.
- Coding experience using C/C++.
- Scripting experience; TCL, Perl, Expect, Python.
- Integration Test, Functional Test and Performance Test
- Creating, implementing and reviewing manual/automated test cases and test suites.
- Experience with test case management tools such as Mercury Center, TestRail, etc.
- Strong network configuration and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be familiar with packet capture tools such as Wireshark, SnifferPro and are able read/understand the capture.
- Experience with network testing equipment such Spirent, Avalanche, Landslide, SIPp, etc.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills and strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work in a high-achieving team or independently.