Product Management Director
Gigamon is seeking a Product Management Director for Gigamon ThreatINSIGHT, the market-leading network threat detection and response solution, to play a vital role in our product line management team. The candidate must have a sound understanding of security operations, incident response, threat hunting and SaaS products, with an ability to think, operate and balance strategic and tactical priorities. The person in this role is the strongest advocate for market needs embracing 360° ownership of a customer’s threat hunting / security operations experience – balancing accuracy of analysis against simplicity of user experience and financial objectives.
Gigamon uses Agile methodology to deliver capabilities in this SaaS offering, continuously monitoring for, identifying and responding to emerging threats in the market.
If you love being at the intersection of Engineering, Marketing, Operations, Sales, Service, Partners and customers, blending innovation and experience to help grow new businesses, and like working in a fast-growing dynamic organization, then this is the place for you!
- Perform market analysis to identify high impact opportunities to provide customers best-in-class threat detection and investigation solutions, both natively within Gigamon products, and in conjunction with partners.
- Product management responsibility for Gigamon ThreatINSIGHT, the premier network threat detection and response platform built for incident responders
- Interface with Engineering, ThreatINSIGHT go-to-market, CTO, Applied Threat Research teams and senior management to define, articulate and execute the company’s strategy for this key product area
- Familiarity working with threat research teams to understand emerging threat vectors and planning product strategies to help defenders address those threat vectors
- Be the internal product expert on threat hunting, detection and response
- Define the product roadmap, making judicious choices on priorities
- Define and build out the key differentiated portfolio value propositions for Gigamon and its partner ecosystem in the network traffic analytics market
- Own pricing decisions to maximize value offered by innovations in the portfolio managed
- Support Product Marketing in building out Gigamon’s go-to-market messaging and associated collateral
- Support the global sales team to strengthen customer relationships and secure new business
Desired Skills and Experience
- MS in Engineering. MBA preferred
- 5+ years of product management experience in the field of cybersecurity.
- Experience working with SaaS products is highly desired. A mix of experience in both established companies and start-up/challenger environments is preferred
- Outstanding communicator with the ability to clearly convey complex ideas and data (in written and spoken formats) to and influence an audience including executives, engineers, customers, partners, sales and sales engineers
- Have a talent for understanding deeply technical concepts into market-consumable messages
- Deep understanding of both networking & security markets, the key players and technologies, competitive landscape and industry trends around the world
- Ability to balance product requirements with financial objectives by making sound business choices and necessary priority calls
- Demonstrable “360 degree” ownership for the product and solution space owned
- Ability to multiplex multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. Must be highly responsive to demands by the field and customers and be able to define structure amidst chaos
- Ability to learn fast and scale with the demands of a fast-growing organization