Senior Staff Software Engineer
We are seeking a Staff Engineer/Senior Staff Engineer for our GigaSMART Security team. The candidate will be working as part of a dynamic team and be responsible for architecting, designing, and implementing security related technologies. The candidate will work with cross-functional groups to contribute to products specifications, software architecture and design. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a very fast paced environment.
- Help develop innovative network security solutions to expand Gigamon portfolio
- Contribute to overall product requirements, architecture and design
- Propose designs/solutions to meet requirements for new products
- Conduct feasibility analysis for proposed solutions
- Produce functional specifications and design documents
- Mentor junior engineers in software development, technology and processes
- Minimum MSEE/CS with 7-15 years of software development experience in networking, Software architecture, design and more than 5 years in the security space.
- Proven successful technical leadership experience in Network Security technologies
- In depth knowledge of Proxy, Firewalls, IDS, IPS, Data protection, encryption solutions and authentication systems (LDAP, SAML, etc)
- Knowledge of Enterprise/Service Provider Network Security Deployments
- Proficient in Internet and Security protocols especially TCP/IP, HTTPS, SSL/TLS and Key Management
- Hands on experience with multi-core, multi-process/multi-threaded systems
- Expert in C/C++ coding.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills and strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work in a high-achieving team or independently.