Product Management Director - Security
Gigamon is seeking a Director Product Management for our enterprise security GigaSMART applications, to play a vital role in our product line management team. He/she should have the ability to think, operate and balance strategic and tactical priorities. The candidate must have a strong understanding of enterprise-class network security. The person in this role is responsible for defining new GigaSMART applications and the target customers (personas) for those applications - balancing simplicity of overall customer experience against architectural supremacy and financial objectives. S/He will be responsible for identifying the most efficient and innovative ways to harness the power of rich data in the Gigamon fabric accessible to our customers and partners and define with precision the target outcomes and what needs to be built.
If you love being at the intersection of engineering, marketing, operations, sales, service, partners and customers, blending innovation and experience to help grow new businesses, and like working in a fast-growing dynamic organization, then this is the place for you!
- Establish and manage product strategy to maximize opportunity realization. Own the product strategy for enterprise security GigaSMART applications. Responsibilities span market analysis to identify market gaps/needs, value proposition development to identify new products and capabilities, build business case for new initiatives
- Product Definition and Roadmap. Collaborate with customers, CTO, CISO, Sales and R&D to define product strategy, customer-centric use cases and translate them into target product requirements.
- Perform market analysis to identify opportunities to improve customer experience when managing Gigamon, to quantify market opportunities for growth and champion them internally.
- Make judicious objective choices on priorities to maximize the return on investment for Gigamon
- Drive, manage and enable product success from ‘vision’ to ‘bookings’.
- Understand ‘Voice of Customer’ and interpret with focus on product evolution, expansion or revolution.
- Product ‘cradle-to-grave’ Lifecycle Management
- Maximize Product margin-$ through effective initial and on-going price evaluation
- Serve as one of the subject matter experts in the company in the areas of enterprise security GigaSMART applications.
- Must have strong executive presence to represent Gigamon externally in front of customers and partners, and internally in discussions with the CMO, Sales and Engineering teams
- Assess the competitive landscape and define winning strategies to address market opportunities. Ability to do a strategic competitive analysis and communicate/document with clarity the key differentiators in Gigamon’s solutions vs. other options available to customers
- Define and build out the key differentiated portfolio (Gigamon + Partner) value propositions for Gigamon and its partner ecosystem, that will drive Gigamon’s penetration in the visibility and security markets
- Collaborate with Marketing to define messaging and create compelling customer-facing assets to enable sales and communicate the Gigamon solution message to customer and partners
- Support the global sales team to strengthen customer relationships and secure new business
Desired Skills and Experience
- MS in Engineering. MBA strongly preferred
- 5+ years of proven product management experience in the security market. A mix of experience in both established companies and start-up/challenger environments is preferred
- Highly analytical with the ability to take data-driven decisions. Must be comfortable making decisions with imperfect information while spelling out assumptions and context for those decisions
- Strong collaboration & persuasive skills, showing ability to influence at multiple levels, gaining support and trust across the organization to achieve agreed upon business outcomes
- Outstanding communicator with the ability to clearly convey complex ideas and data (in written and spoken formats) to and influence an audience including executives, engineers, customers, partners, sales and sales engineers
- Have a talent for understanding deeply technical concepts into market-consumable messages
- Deep understanding of both networking & security markets, the key players and technologies, competitive landscape and industry trends around the world
- Ability to balance product requirements with financial objectives by making sound business choices and necessary priority calls
- Demonstrable “360 degree” ownership for the product and solution space owned
- Ability to multiplex multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. Must be highly responsive to demands by the field and customers
- Ability to learn fast and scale with the demands of a fast-growing organization