Staff Software Engineer
We are seeking a Staff Software Engineer for our GigaSMART team. The candidate will be working as part of a small, dynamic team, and will be responsible for designing, coding, and testing embedded systems functionality, with focus on highly-innovative, high-performance applications for packet processing. The candidate will work with cross-functional groups to contribute to product specifications, software architecture, and design. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Contribute to overall product requirements, architecture, and design.
- Design and develop various functions in our product line.
- Propose designs/solutions to meet requirements for new products.
- Conduct feasibility analysis for proposed solutions.
- Develop new and improved existing processes for software development.
- Produce functional specifications and design documents.
- Minimum BSEE/CS with 5+ years of software development experience, preferably in networking.
- Proven successful technical leadership experience.
- Experience developing software for networking protocols, including TCP/IP.
- Experience with deep packet inspection (DPI) technologies.
- Experience developing system-level software in Linux/Unix development environment.
- Knowledge of security technologies like VPN or Firewall or WAN optimization.
- Hands-on experience with multi-core network processor and multi-threading systems is a big plus.
- Expertise in C/C++ coding.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work in a high-achieving team or independently.