Senior Staff Software Engineer
Gigamon’s Analytics team is seeking a Staff DevOps Engineer to play a vital role in our overall Machine Learning and Analytics strategy in an Enterprise SaaS model. The person in this role will work across the team to architect, plan, implement, and operate scalable infrastructure and processes used for development and product operations in public cloud environment. The candidate must thoroughly understand common DevOps technologies and processes and be prepared to operate independently. Ideally, the candidate has worked in a similar role before, preferably supporting a network management, analytics, or a security product.
Global 2000 companies and government agencies rely on Gigamon solutions to make them more agile and cut costs. 83 of Fortune 100, 7 of the top 10 Global Banks, 8 of the top 10 Mobile Phone Network Operators, 10 of the top 10 Federal Agencies use Gigamon products and solutions. And that is only the beginning!
BE A KEY CONTRIBUTOR:
This opportunity is ideal for senior software engineers eager to contribute as leaders in the design and development of Network Traffic Analytics. This leader will design and develop features for analytics applications providing Gigamon customers visibility into and analytics for their Gigamon deployments. Success will require strong communication and collaboration as this role requires the ability to partner with key internal and external stakeholders, as well as Gigamon customers to drive product delivery and enhancements ensuring growth of our market leading position.
OUR CULTURE IS STRONG:
Our highly collaborative cross-functional team environment operates harmoniously, fostering an exceptional company culture and belonging. Game Changer and Market Leader, we are growing.
You should apply if you’re ready to take the next step in your career and possess the following:
- Organize and architect internal systems, infrastructure as code, and processes to satisfy security and operational requirements.
- Implement continuous delivery, integration and deployment processes and technologies.
- Monitor systems and applications for issues. Drive to root cause and remediation to ensure high uptime of internal systems.
- Research and configure new applications and software as required. Make recommendations to internal developers for research planning and development.
- Coordinate and communicate efforts across the team and to system owners.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BS in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience).
- 3+ years of total experience in security research, engineering, or DevOps roles.
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (Python, Bash) and ability to apply knowledge to accomplish operational tasks.
- Ability to administer and operate Linux systems (Debian, Ubuntu, etc).
- Experience with common DevOps technologies (Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Terraform, Jenkins etc.).
- Experience with developing on and managing Amazon technologies (S3, EC2, SQS, Lambda, Firehose, RedShift, etc.).
- Desire to lead and drive multiple internal projects in a fast-paced environment. Must be highly responsible to the demands of a distributed team and be able to build structure and process out of chaos.
- Ability to learn fast and scale with the demands of a fast-growing organization.