Sr. Staff Software Engineer - API & Backend
Gigamon Threat Insight is an enterprise network security product focused on providing capabilities that empower our customers to detect and track adversaries in real-time.
Our mission is to use the power of information to detect, track and dismantle hackers' means of attacking our customers. Our team has seen all sides of the equation, as attackers and defenders, in addition to the complex engineering required to solve these problems at scale. Our software helps security professionals get an unparalleled view into their networks, perform forensics on security incidents and build effective early warning systems.
We are looking for API/Backend Developers to help us solve complex search and pattern matching problems at petabyte scale. Our data collection needs to operate in near real-time, our data stores need to scale linearly with our datasets, our search needs to perform sub-second matches, our classifiers and behaviour analytics need to operate over streaming data sets, and our pattern matching needs to support a variety of operators, window functions, and custom intersection semantics. We work with a number of data storage and processing systems, including MySQL, Postgres, Hadoop, HBase/Phoenix, Spark, Elasticsearch, a variety of AWS data services as well as proprietary systems.
If you are passionate about building robust, high-scale systems, working with large data sets and protecting public and private organizations from today's ever increasing cyber threats, then Gigamon might be the place for you.
Core Job Role
- Design and deliver highly scalable multi-tiered web services.
- Monitor and troubleshoot new and existing services.
- Engineer solutions to maintain high SLAs in a rapidly evolving production environment.
- Work independently and self-directed.
- Be humble and willing to learn.
- 8 or more years of professional software engineering experience.
- 5 or more years of Java and Java web-services experience.
- Understanding of SOA, SAAS, and REST/OAuth/JSON architectures and services.
- Understanding of object-oriented programming, data structures, algorithms, software design. Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices.
- Experience in developing extensible APIs and highly maintainable services.
- Experience in deploying, monitoring and maintaining services and systems.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Employment at Gigamon is contingent on meeting eligibility requirements which may include additional security screening on being able to obtain a government sponsored security clearance.
- Flexible work and vacation schedule
- Competitive pay and benefits
- We put great emphasis building well tested and stable solutions