Product Management Director - Service Providers
Gigamon is seeking a Product Management Director specializing in Service Providers to play a vital role in our product line management team. The person in this role will be the “product CEO” for the service providers vertical with a responsibility to drive, manage and enable product success from ‘vision’ to ‘bookings’. The right candidate will be a strategic team player with demonstrated excellence in defining and translating strategy into world-class products for mobile operators.
The ideal candidate must have a deep understanding of the technology and protocols in the mobile provider market, how it is evolving, especially including a solid understanding of 3G, 4G/LTE, 5G and NFV architectures. The candidate must have an appreciation of the key challenges facing mobile operators with the ability to think, operate and balance priorities in extreme dimensions – strategic and tactical, long-term and near-term, architectural supremacy and financial objectives, with the ability to establish and manage product strategy to maximize opportunity realization. (S)he should have outstanding communication skills and collaboration skills with the ability to communicate and influence at multiple levels internally and externally.
If you love being at the intersection of Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Operations, Service, Partners and customers, blending innovation and experience to create new businesses, and like working in a fast-growing dynamic organization, then this is the place for you.
- Establish and manage product strategy to maximize opportunity realization. Own the product strategy for products that will be sold to mobile operators. Responsibilities span market analysis to identify market gaps/needs, value proposition development to identify new products and capabilities, build business case for new programs.
- Product Definition and Roadmap. Collaborate with customers, CTO, Sales and Engineering functions to define use cases and translate them into product. Make judicious objective choices on priorities to maximize the return on investment for Gigamon.
- Drive, manage and enable product success from ‘vision’ to ‘bookings’. Define and build out the key differentiated cross-portfolio (Gigamon + Partners) value propositions that will drive Gigamon’s penetration as it pertains to visibility in the mobile infrastructure market.
- Understand ‘Voice of Customer’ and interpret with focus on product evolution, expansion or revolution.
- Product ‘cradle-to-grave’ Lifecycle Management
- Maximize Product margin-$ through effective initial and on-going price evaluation
- Serve as one of the subject matter experts in the company for the mobile space and have the executive presence to represent Gigamon externally in front of customers and partners, and internally in discussions with the CMO, Sales and Engineering teams.
- Assess the competitive landscape and define winning strategies to address market opportunities. Ability to do a strategic competitive analysis and communicate/document with clarity the key differentiators in Gigamon’s solutions
- Collaborate with Marketing to define messaging and create compelling customer-facing assets to enable sales and communicate the Gigamon solution message to customer and partners.
- Provide account-specific support to the global Field team to strengthen customer relationships and secure new business for Gigamon.
- Travel expectation: < 25%
Desired Skills and Experience
- MS in Engineering. MBA strongly preferred.
- At least 7+ years of experience in the field of mobile technologies, particularly in the area of product management
- Deep understanding of mobile technologies: 3GPP architecture, typical 3G/4G/5G networks, EPC, GPRS Tunneling Protocol (GTP), Voice over LTE (VoLTE) and other elements used in an EPC or IMS Core.
- Strong understanding of Network Functions Virtualization infrastructure (NFVi) and elements in the framework. Ability to think along both physical and virtual domains for said areas of expertise.
- Ability to balance product requirements with financial objectives by making sound business choices and make the necessary priority calls. Ability to translate innovative ideas into successful products, where success is measured by revenue generated from the products brought to market
- Have a talent for understanding highly technical concepts and translating them into market-ready messages that will resonate with Gigamon customers and prospects.
- Understanding of the challenges faced by operators in managing subscriber experience and maximizing the SLAs delivered over their networks
- Comfortable with product management of both hardware and software products
- Strong collaboration & persuasive skills, showing ability to influence at multiple levels, gaining support and trust across the organization to achieve agreed upon business outcomes
- Excellent communicator with proven ability to clearly convey complex ideas and data in written, presentation and spoken formats to a variety of audiences, including executives, mid-level management, engineers, customers, partners, sales / sales engineers and analysts