Copywriter / Senior Copywriter
Marketing | New York
Who You Are:
Getty Images is looking for a Copywriter/Senior Copywriter to join their in-house Marketing Creative Services team. Based in New York, you’ll be concepting, developing, and executing copy in support of our global brand and marketing efforts.
Your Next Challenge:
- Develop a full understanding of the Getty Images and iStock brands—and the visual content industry at large—to effectively articulate key points of differentiation across a wide spectrum of deliverables, including brochures, emails, fact sheets, white papers, case studies, video scripts, ads, blogs, and social media posts
- Collaborate and brainstorm with designers to develop effective copy for marketing campaigns
- Quickly switch styles to adapt to different audiences—agency, corporate, small business, freelancers, internal clients, etc.—and develop a strong knowledge of the needs of each of those segments
- Write effective copy across different channels (paid social, display, paid search, email marketing, sales marketing, etc.)—that drives responses, sales, and other key metrics
- Work with product management to translate key product features into compelling, easy to comprehend sales and marketing assets for use by salespeople, customers, and marketers
- Participate in the discovery process to align product management, sales, and marketing in order to ensure copy is accurate and appropriate for its intended audience and goals
- Contribute to an evolving set of brand guidelines and act as a brand ambassador to the greater organization
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of B2B experience in a fast-paced copywriter role, preferably in-house for a technology or financial company, or a business that uses demand generation marketing to support a large sales organization.
- 2+ years supporting a Sales and Marketing organization required
- 1+ years of Direct Response experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject area preferred
- Experience writing for sales presentations, video scripts, email, white papers, social media, and digital marketing
- Experience supporting a technically-focused product marketing organization in translating product features into meaningful customer benefits and a desirable value proposition
- Strong strategic thinking with the ability to ideate and deliver large and small ideas that fit within marketing strategy and brand standards
- Ability to translate complex information into easy to understand sales and marketing, and know how to ask the right questions, of the right people, to this end
- Strong copy editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to work autonomously and self-edit work to achieve the best results
- Strong ability to provide constructive feedback to junior copywriters keeping work on brand, on message, and on deadline
- Ability to work with—and take direction and feedback from—Copy Director and Design Director
- An interest in photography
- Online portfolio required
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the world’s leader in visual communication, with over 170 million assets available through its premium content site www.gettyimages.com and its leading stock content site www.istock.com. With its advanced search and image recognition technology, Getty Images serves business customers in more than 100 countries and is the first place creative and media professionals turn to discover, purchase and manage images and other digital content. Its award-winning photographers and content creators help customers produce inspiring work which appears every day in the world’s most influential newspapers, magazines, advertising campaigns, films, television programs, books and online media.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of digital media in communications and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit press.gettyimages.com, and for the stories, innovation and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends http://stories.gettyimages.com. Find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/gettyimages and Twitter at https://twitter.com/GettyImages.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.