Field Photo Editor
Editorial Content | Los Angeles
The field photo editor is responsible for editing live content primarily on site for editorial events and client assignments. Photo editing involves many aspects including producing and leading event coverage, directing photographers, distribute content on deadline globally, servicing customers and achieving results in a high pressure, deadline focused environment. Skills and experience editing high volumes of content quickly and keenly, with the ability to understand and execute client needs are required. Expert technical knowledge is necessary for digital photography and transmission, photo editing, metadata, networking computers onsite, and wireless connectivity, all in both PC and MAC environments. Travel is required and most events occur during evening hours and weekends. Expertise will be necessary for all editorial event coverage, however, some rolls will specifically support entertainment, sports and news content.
- Edits editorial content in the field, onsite at (news, sport and/or entertainment) events to distribute globally to our site or directly to clients. Editing process includes enhancing images, applying metadata, production tasks, and uploading imagery direct to multiple clients and websites.
- Produces event coverage by organizing event details and instructions from internal customers and executes assignments solo, as part of a team, or in lead capacity. Directs and communicates to an on-site team (editors, photographers
andfreelancers) and in-house team as appropriate. Depending on sizeof eventdetermines bestworkflow available to meet deadline goals to completion.
- Trains and mentors freelance editors and stringer photographers in the Getty Images standards for both quality of image and captioning/sending.• Provides feedback on the editing and workflow process and provides useful improvement suggestions to leadership
- Develops relationships with internal and external clients by providing insightful and thorough customer service whether it is a client assignment or editorial assignment.
- Editing archive submissions and administration duties to include: logging, tracking, and reporting.
- Desired 3 years relevant experience in this field (media-related or news wire service)
- Excellent visual eye and photographic senses to determine relevant imagery for client use
- Comprehensive knowledge of and enthusiasm for current world events, entertainment industry
- Strong knowledge of digital photography and retouching using Photoshop with a strong understanding of color theory (also enhancement of digital image files, color-correction, contrast adjustment, sharpening, cropping), editing applications, FTP, and image formats
- Experience working across all social media platforms, content creation and video editing
- Function well under pressure in a fast-paced deadline orientated atmosphere
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule: able to work days, nights or weekends, holidays and long hours when assignments are given; travel is a requirement
- The ability to work well with others, exhibit a customer service
personal, manage deadlines and workloads, and resolve complex issues quickly with a solution focusedattitude and ability to articulate a clear point of view
- Strong computer skills including
abilityto set up small networks, understanding of wireless functions and a high level of comfort with both PC and MAC
Education and Certifications
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends. Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.