Technology | New York
Who We Are:
Getty Images is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Ingestion Platform team. We are a lean company, data-driven and committed to delivering real customer value. We run a micro-services platform based on Scala and Akka, with RabbitMQ serving as our messaging bus. We are fully containerized in DCOS/Mesos. In addition, we support and maintain a few .NET C# legacy products.
Who You Are:
You are a true technologist, live and breathe software. You love developing elegant solutions to complex problems. You are smart, dedicated, a quick learner and can raise the bar for our team. You follow the development community on Github, Reddit, Twitter, and maybe you even write your own blog, participate in hackathons or contribute to open source projects. You are passionate about finding ways to improve quality, performance and delivery times. You have a great mix of technical and soft skills which allow you to excel in a highly collaborative, geographically distributed, agile work environment. You are involved in the design stages as well as the implementation of your projects. You are continually looking for the best tool to do the job and love to present your POCs to your fellow developers.
What You'll Need:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent education/experience
- Excellent understanding of Functional and OO principles
- A strong working knowledge of Scala, Java or C#
- At least 1 year of experience supporting and maintaining a Scala Production environment
- Experience in designing and architecting distributed, highly available, high performance, scalable applications
- Experience with Databases such as Postgres, MySQL, MS-SQL Server
- Superior creative and problem solving skills
- Ability to mentor and be mentored by your co-workers
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools, such as Vagrant, Docker, Packer, Puppet and Jenkins
- Knowledge or the desire to learn about public cloud resources such as AWS
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends. Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace