Manager, Public Relations
Communications | New York
Who You Are:
This is an exciting opportunity to join a lean, spirited, hard-working and hands-on global team of communications professionals charged with elevating the brand, products and services of Getty Images, the preeminent producer and distributor of imagery and a world leader in visual communications.
You are a strategic communications professional with experience devising and executing successful public relations and corporate communications initiatives across North America with both consumer and B2B media.
You are interested in the editorial and advertising industries and relish the challenge to showcase Getty Images as the leader in visual communications, harnessing the power of imagery and technology to continually innovate and move the world with pictures.
You have strong existing media contacts and are committed to excellence in your writing and day-to-day interactions and responsibilities. You can effectively manage long- and short-term objectives whilst hijacking breaking news and daily developments to position Getty Images as the top industry thought leader. An ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities from across the business is essential.
You can navigate the demands of working for a fast-moving, complex global organization with diverse constituencies, and are forward thinking and able to create and cultivate innovative PR opportunities.
You are proactive and a problem solver. You are cool under pressure, flexible and always bring solutions. You thrive in a lively environment that is rarely the same from one week to the next. You’re a team player working well as part of a global external communications team, yet are comfortable working independently.
Your Next Challenge:
- Devise and deliver North America market-specific media relations strategies and localize global programs so they resonate with local media across various genres.
- Work closely with external PR agencies to develop highly effective and measurable media and industry relations strategies
- Differentiate Getty Images from our competitors via innovative storytelling which raises awareness of our position as industry leader and drives greater understanding of our full range of products and services to key audiences – both B2B and consumer.
- Work with colleagues from different teams across the company, in different countries and timezones, to develop and reinforce our positioning and presence in North America media.
- Consistently deliver excellent written communications.
- Leverage the full marketing channel mix to amplify stories and company news.
- Create and drive PR strategies around regional industry events.
- Experience in LATAM advantageous.
What You'll Need:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in communications for a multi-national, creative, media or PR agency.
- A commitment to excellence and attention to detail in your work and a positive, go-getting and resilient attitude.
- Experience managing (or working within) an external PR agency, coupled with the ability to execute media activity directly without agency support.
- Great relationship-building skills and the ability to work within a team environment across different time zones.
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Strong existing media contacts and the ability to cultivate productive relationships from a cross section of media in North America and LATAM advantageous - including national business and media writers, consumer, ad trade, lifestyle and technology.
- Proven track record in transforming business initiatives, announcements and ideas into PR opportunities and coverage in diverse markets.
- Experience working with senior management.
- Crisis and issues management.
- Fluency in Spanish advantageous.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Who We Are:
Getty Images is one of the most trusted and esteemed sources of visual content in the world, with over 300 million assets including photos, videos, and music, available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in nearly every country in the world and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful visual content from the world’s best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 250,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events each year, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world’s deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.