Legal | New York
Who You Are:
This role will provide legal support to numerous business functions at Getty Images, with a very strong emphasis on support of the regional sales, data, and operations teams. Corporate Counsel is expected to develop relationships with key internal and external customers by quickly and accurately drafting, negotiating and implementing a range of commercial agreements. This position provides appropriate legal guidance as and where needed as well as troubleshooting operational road blocks.
Your Next Challenge:
• Exercise independent responsibility for partnering with the applicable business teams, providing contract drafting, negotiation and maintenance support together with attorneys in other offices.
• Independently prepare and manage legal documentation (contracts, legal correspondence, etc.) and other materials related to job duties.
• Establish and maintain positive relationships with internal and external customers.
• Train internal customers and present to external customers on salient legal issues affecting Getty Images’ business.
• Communicate (written and verbal) with internal and external parties, including internal and external customers, as necessary to perform job duties.
• Serve as contact for general legal issues that arise in the region.
• Occasional travel may be required.
What You’ll Need:
• Desired 4+ years relevant experience with general commercial legal matters.
• Experience at a large law firm and/or as in-house counsel, with licensing and intellectual property experience strongly preferred.
• Juris Doctorate and member in good standing with the New York state Bar.
• Prior knowledge and experience negotiating and drafting contracts and agreements independently, with an excellent attention to detail.
• Strong negotiation skills and ability to interact with senior legal and business leaders internally and externally.
• Critical analysis skills related to identifying and solving problems in a busy corporate environment.
• Experience working with and training non-legal colleagues.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong organizational and time-management skills.
• Ability to perform complex tasks with minimal direction and/or supervision.
• Ability to work productively in an evolving environment.
• Self-starting and solutions-oriented team player.
• Maintains composure during tight deadlines.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Completes work with professionalism and with integrity.
• Fluency in Spanish (reading, writing, speaking) is highly desirable.
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the world’s leader in visual communication, with over 170 million assets available through its premium content site www.gettyimages.com and its leading stock content site www.istock.com. With its advanced search and image recognition technology, Getty Images serves business customers in more than 100 countries and is the first place creative and media professionals turn to discover, purchase and manage images and other digital content. Its award-winning photographers and content creators help customers produce inspiring work which appears every day in the world’s most influential newspapers, magazines, advertising campaigns, films, television programs, books and online media.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of digital media in communications and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit press.gettyimages.com, and for the stories, innovation and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends http://stories.gettyimages.com. Find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/gettyimages and Twitter at https://twitter.com/GettyImages.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.