Senior Manager, User Experience Design
Product | Seattle
Who you are:
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Senior Manager of User Experience Design to lead and develop the design team that’s responsible for the evolution of business-critical platforms and tools. Take the next step in your career to become a key partner responsible for shaping and executing our product vision and strategy while elevating your team’s designs at every step. As Senior Manager of our contributor tools, Media Manager and Photos.com design team, you’ll have ownership of design for a broad set of tools and be empowered to make meaningful change.
Your next challenge:
- Lead, support and inspire the design team responsible for our contributor tools, Media Manager and Photos.com.
- Partner closely with leaders in design, product and development to influence and execute on product vision and strategy.
- Manage and develop a team of designers, including: managing project loads and allocating designers accordingly, ensuring deadlines are met and setting up team members for career growth and overall success.
- Ensure your team consistently creates high-quality experiences as you move from concept to release.
- Critique and provide insightful feedback to ensure designs adhere to our design system, are strong solutions and of high-quality.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 1 years of experience in a management or leadership role on a design team.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in product design.
- Positive attitude, collaborative and a passion for design excellence.
- Broad understanding of end-to-end design and the many skills that fit under the title of UX Designer, including: interaction design, visual design, writing and front-end development.
- A solid history of outstanding design work and ability to coach and mentor a team towards great design.
- Proven ability to manage multiple and distinct projects at the same time.
- Ability to balance being a key partner, who has empathy towards their peers in and seeks consensus, while having a strong design presence and voice.
- Experience thriving in an agile/lean development environment.
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends. Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.