UX Design Manager
Product | Seattle
Who You Are:
You are a passionate user experience design leader who enjoys mentoring a team to deliver creative solutions to complex business problems. You are focused above all on customer needs, but have a keen understanding of business drivers. Your super powers are: flexibility, collaboration, communication, and good judgment. You have domain expertise in designing for any of the following: e-commerce, B2B applications or mobile apps.
Your Next Challenge:
The UX Manager at Getty Images is responsible for guiding and inspiring designers to craft engaging, best-in-class experiences for the worldwide users of our digital products and services. This role drives innovation through user-centered design methods, cross-functional collaboration, and a commitment to both quality and speed.
In the role of UX Manager at Getty Images, you will:
- Lead, support and inspire a team of product designers embedded in cross-functional product development teams.
- Appropriately delegate work, playing to individual’s strengths and providing challenging opportunities to grow.
- Critique design work and provide insightful feedback ensuring we’re consistent, adhere to our design systems and are delivering high-quality experiences to our users.
- Help find the best alignment between our user needs, business goals and technology constraints.
- Partner closely with leaders in UX, Product and Development to influence and ensure we execute on our vision and strategy.
- Facilitate team meetings and workshops.
- Ability to tackle complex business problems and provide desirable and feasible solutions.
- Quick thinker, adaptive to change, flexible in your approach.
- Possesses creativity and vision balanced with analytical and strategic thinking.
- Committed to fostering strong collaboration with cross-functional partners.
- Able to thrive in an agile/lean development environment.
- Effective communicator/presenter to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Senior-level individual contributor design skills.
What You’ll Need:
- 8+ years overall experience in user experience design field with domain concentration in at least one of the following: e-commerce, B2B applications, consumer media, or social media.
- 2+ years management experience ideal, but will consider candidates who are senior/lead contributors with leadership potential.
- Breadth: Fluency with a wide variety of user-centered design methods and knowledge of best practices for web design.
- Depth: Expertise in one or more facets of User Experience Design, such as Information Architecture, Interaction Design, User Research, Visual Design.
- Candidates must share a portfolio to be considered for this role. Your work should demonstrate your ability to understand and advocate for users/customers, analyze complex problems, apply a user-centered design process, and deliver elegant solutions.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in human-computer interaction (HCI), Interaction Design, or similar field, or equivalent professional experience.
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends. Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.