Senior Software Engineer - C# .NET
Technology | Seattle
Who You Are:
You are an agile developer who loves creating elegant solutions to complex problems. You enjoy coding and find yourself learning the latest development practices, platforms, and design patterns because it’s fun. You are excited by the Web Services technology space, and want to contribute to its evolving styles and patterns. You regularly read code blogs to stay in touch with the development community. You enjoy the challenge of balancing customer needs, business value, and technical solutions. You like collaborating with smart people who help you do more than you thought you could do. Peers are drawn to work with you because you're fun and help them grow.
Your Next Challenge:
- Building Getty Images’ world-class API platform using REST principles.
- Collaborating with stakeholders to meet product goals.
- Delivering business value frequently, in short development iterations.
- Designing APIs to access functionality in a large, heterogeneous Enterprise environment.
- Programming in an Agile development process.
- Creating middle-tier components and datastores to support Web Services.
- Delighting our customers with an intuitive and easy-to-use API.
What You’ll Need:
- Deep experience with .Net C# and in the development of Web Services.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, hard science, or relevant experience
- Strong understanding of code quality and design principles.
- Strong understanding of web principles like REST, and related web technologies like HTTP.
- Ability to work well in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Drive to improve your approach to software development.
- Knowledge of trends in API design and adoption is desired.
- Experience building service clients using Ruby, JSON, or Ajax is desired.
- Experience with Agile software development practices is strongly desired.
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends. Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.