Associate Corporate Counsel
Legal | London
Who You Are:
You are motivated, experienced, collaborative and confident working independently. You have an interest in creative works and the online ecosystem. You would like to work within a dedicated in-house legal team in the media industry, with responsibility for managing multiple tasks simultaneously in a quick moving environment. You enjoy the challenge of bringing solutions to the table, always with a positive attitude.
Your Next Challenge:
- Provide legal support to numerous business functions at Getty Images, with emphasis on support of the UK sales and privacy issues (GDPR).
- Develop relationships with key internal customers by quickly and accurately drafting, negotiating and implementing a range of commercial agreements.
- Provide appropriate legal guidance where needed as well as troubleshooting operational road blocks.
- Exercise independent responsibility for partnering with the applicable business teams, e.g. Sales, Marketing, Research & Clearances, Biz Dev, Facilities, etc.
- Independently prepare and manage legal documentation (contracts, legal correspondence, etc.) and other materials related to job duties.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with internal and external customers.
- Take a coordinated approach with the global in-house legal team.
- Simplify legal process for internal and external customers.
- Train internal customers and present to external customers on salient legal issues affecting Getty Images’ business.
- Occasional travel may be required.
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum of 2+ years relevant experience with general commercial legal matters.
- Experience at as in-house counsel and/or reputable law-firm.
- Intellectual property licensing, data protection and privacy law experience strongly preferred.
- Preference for qualified UK solicitor (or other EU equivalent)
- Prior knowledge and experience negotiating and drafting contracts and agreements independently, with an excellent attention to detail.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to interact with senior legal and business leaders internally and externally.
- Critical analysis skills related to identifying and solving problems in a busy corporate environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work productively in an evolving environment.
- Self-starting and solutions-oriented team player.
- Maintains composure during tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Completes work with professionalism and with integrity.
- Fluency in Spanish a bonus.
- Sense of humor a must.
- Follower of copyright and media trends with interest in the underlying legal framework – keenness to learn/understand more important than already working in Media or Tech industries.
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends. Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.