Audience Development Editor
Consumer Content | New York
Who You Are:
Getty Images Foto is a brand new, visually immersive website with a simple goal: To bring you the best, timeliest, most memorable pictures of our world. We take you to the front lines of human conflict and to faraway places where strange creatures roam. We bring you face to face with today’s heroes, scoundrels, and stars; with natural disasters and natural wonders; with the beautiful, the inspiring, and the frightening; with moments that can lift, or break, your heart.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about great imagery and the chance to play a key role in building something new—and has the experience and drive to help us make this the best consumer image destination on the web. This role will focus specifically on building our audience and community off-site: with content partners, on social platforms and news apps, through newsletters, and anywhere else that emerges as an opportunity for us to deliver a great experience with visual content. You will bring a deep understanding of how to identify and execute on opportunities to collaborate and partner with other outlets, how to maximize reach on key social platforms, and how to create engaged communities around content. You will also have the ability to harness analytics to improve performance, a track record of rapidly experimenting and testing new ideas in a start-up environment, and an interest in and instinct for identifying where digital media is heading.
Your Next Challenge:
• Manage content partnership relationships and identify opportunities to maximize the reach of our stories with other publishers and institutions
• Lead daily engagement with off-platform social communities
• Oversee programming of main social media channels, and set strategic direction for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and other emerging social media platforms
• Build distribution and promotion plans for major features, live event coverage, and other key editorial initiatives
• Ensure the daily publishing workflow is fully optimized for social and SEO best practices
• Lead the communication of audience best practices across the team
• Be a newsroom leader in the leveraging of user data to inform decision making
• Create visual social content specifically for a distributed audience
• Own the execution of paid social media campaigns.
What You'll Need:
• 2-4 years experience as an Engagement Editor, Social Media Editor, Audience Development Specialist or similar position at a publisher or brand.
• Extensive knowledge of social channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
• Some experience managing partner relationships
• A love of visual storytelling and a refined visual eye
• Experience or interest in general content categories like news, entertainment, travel, sports, and history
• Evidence of working highly collaboratively in a lean environment is essential
• Ability to shift gears quickly
• Excellent attention to small details and the ability to multi-task
• Strong grounding in analytics.
• Experience with Photoshop, Premiere, or other editing software is a major plus.
• Some experience in paid social media campaigns preferred.
• A strong work ethic and a desire to create something lasting and of value
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the world’s leader in visual communication, with over 170 million assets available through its premium content site www.gettyimages.com and its leading stock content site www.istock.com. With its advanced search and image recognition technology, Getty Images serves business customers in more than 100 countries and is the first place creative and media professionals turn to discover, purchase and manage images and other digital content. Its award-winning photographers and content creators help customers produce inspiring work which appears every day in the world’s most influential newspapers, magazines, advertising campaigns, films, television programs, books and online media.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of digital media in communications and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit press.gettyimages.com, and for the stories, innovation and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends http://stories.gettyimages.com. Find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/gettyimages and Twitter at https://twitter.com/GettyImages.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.