Director, Data Science
Technology | Seattle
Who You Are:
As the head of a quickly growing team, you're an exceptional leader in data science who identifies critical investment areas and influences senior leadership of these strategic directions. You understand the balance between R&D and hands-on product work - you know how to achieve business objectives while developing internal capabilities within the organization. Highly collaborative, you’ve scaled a data science team to meaningful enterprise impact before while boosting the data driven culture of the organization. You want to be empowered to help our customer move the world with images leveraging data
Your Next Challenge:
Getty Images has the world’s most compelling visual content that helps our vast array of customers tell their story. Our data driven product team is looking for a Director of Data Science and Insight to develop the Data Science strategy as well as oversee, grow, and empower a data scientist team. This individual will own a broad responsibility across all of GI products to make global impact on how our customers engage. This individual will be focused on:
- Building the next generation of Getty Images’ customer experience using AI/ML to create a highly personalized, dynamic, and contextual experience to connect and delight our customers with imagery in the products and services where they work
- Developing and training deep learning models to scale workflows for both customers and internal users
- Support new product development ideas by providing guidance on the best use of AI/ML to develop products or supporting tools.
Priorities will involve:
- Guiding the strategic approach of data science at Getty Images to support the broader licensing business
- Developing the workflow and organizational knowledge around effective data strategy
- Ability to lead initiatives across multiple product areas, provide status and executive presentations
- Driving innovation against critical customer problems using Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Evaluating the work to determine the best opportunities where and how Data Science can deliver value
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to implement data science solutions
- Ability to communicate complex data science concepts to product and engineering teams
- Evaluating the potential impact of data science solutions against product development decisions
- Mentor, develop, and inspire a team of data scientists
- Cultivate a strong culture of experimentation, delivery and impact
What You Have:
- 5-7 years in professional data science capacity
- 3+ years building and leading data science teams, with a proven track record for significant business impact
- Experience working with product, engineering, and data teams to deliver commercially viable and scalable machine learning models.
- Demonstrated experience solving business problems with statistical modeling incorporating predictive modeling, data mining, and exploratory data analysis
- Experience working with big data technologies and developing data science solutions in the cloud
- Experience in working in a lean/agile software development methodology as well as comfortable supporting longer term research and development for products and ideas being incubated.
Who We Are: Getty Images is the world’s leader in visual communication, with over 170 million assets available through its premium content site www.gettyimages.com and its leading stock content site www.istock.com. With its advanced search and image recognition technology, Getty Images serves business customers in more than 100 countries and is the first place creative and media professionals turn to discover, purchase and manage images and other digital content. Its award-winning photographers and content creators help customers produce inspiring work which appears every day in the world’s most influential newspapers, magazines, advertising campaigns, films, television programs, books and online media. Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of digital media in communications and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit press.gettyimages.com, and for the stories, innovation and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends http://stories.gettyimages.com. Find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/gettyimages and Twitter at https://twitter.com/GettyImages.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace