Director of Photography
Editorial Content | London
Who You Are:
You are an inspiring, news-driven, creative manager looking to head up a team of talented photographers and editors across a wide geography, for the world’s leading provider of digital content.
You have significant management experience. You have a proven track record in visual journalism.
You have a well-honed grasp of world news and a clear understanding of the needs of media customers. You are as happy working with video as stills, to serve clients online, on mobile or in print.
You are an excellent communicator as a manager of a team and as a service provider to our global client base. You have vision and an innovative approach to news coverage and able to achieve this within a fixed budget
In this role you will be responsible for directing the news coverage operation across the EMEA region. You will manage a team of photographers and editors and will be expected to motivate them all to operate at the top of their game, through support and feedback. You will determine the evolution of a news product which must be as relevant to emerging media customers as it is to the print world. Your goal is to create a news service that is indispensable to clients around the world.
Your Next Challenge:
- Engage an editorial team with your vision for a world class editorial product.
- Equip a global sales force with the tools to take that vision to market.
- Liaise with peers across territories and in other departments to create a co-ordinated offering to the customer.
- Provide effective feedback to photographers and editors to maintain quality thresholds.
- Innovate workflows to improve speed and quality of the service we provide.
- Collaborate on defining the news agenda and coverage approach.
- Develop relationships with key individuals and organisations outside the company.
- Source and bring on new talent.
- Evolve the department as new technology allows and demands.
- Manage cost budgets, supplier invoices and approvals.
What You'll Need:
- Strong management and motivational skills
- Finely tuned, proven photographic and news judgement.
- Strong historical and cultural understanding of current affairs across the EMEA region
- A clear understanding of the nature of the media market, with a close eye on the future.
- Experience with multiple media types, embracing video as well as stills.
- Communication skills, both as a manager and as a spokesperson for the company
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends. Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.