Legal Claims Specialist
Legal | Calgary
Who You Are:
You are a self-starter who is organized, thoughtful, and embraces the opportunity to solve problems, both big and small, in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment. This position is responsible for resolving a high volume of inbound claims and requires the ability to quickly understand the issue(s), determine the desired outcome, implement a plan for resolution, and follow-up until the issue is resolved. You will assist with handling a global portfolio of claims and will be the first line of defense against all “Tier 1” claims against the Company. You will work with the legal team to create and maintain records of claims and litigation matters, track claims data, and help maintain the Legal Department’s internal claims-tracking software. You may also be asked to assist in coordination, preparation, and filing of claims correspondence, briefing or other communications with both in-house and outside counsel. This position may report to the Senior Claims Specialist or the Director, Corporate Counsel in charge of claims and litigation.
Your Next Challenge:
- Primary team member responsible for analyzing inbound claims and determining who in the Legal Department should be assigned as the responsible professional;
- Primary team member responsible for resolving “Tier 1” claims against the Company, including claims related to both image partner and house content;
- Establish and maintain relationships with in-house clients, image partners, record search companies, and registered agents in other jurisdictions;
- Create, maintain records for, track and assist in managing litigation and claims by or against the company, both with respect to the Tier 1 claims for which you are primarily responsible, as well as for the purpose of tracking claims volume and data using the Legal Department’s internal claims-tracking software;
- Assist with quarterly analysis and reporting of claims data;
- Assist with preparation of required correspondence, communication and briefing relating to claims and litigation;
- Prepare miscellaneous form legal documents; and
- Manage or assist with management of administrative functions within Legal Department.
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum of 3 years relevant administrative experience; and
- Proficiency in French and/or German language strongly preferred.