Manager, Global T&E
Finance | Seattle
Who You Are:
You are an experienced manager with a passion for getting things done and motivating your team. You have several years of experience managing and delivering on high-volume accounting or finance operations functions and communicate and collaborate well with others. You have a solid understanding of General Accounting and AP technologies/methodologies.
You thrive in a dynamic environment and have a reputation which speaks to your acute attention to detail and thorough understanding of the field. You set the example for tearing down silos between teams, promoting open and free communication between your peers and other teams across the organization. You are at ease with being the primary interface between your team and the business customer. You can self-start, manage competing priorities, and offer actionable insights to business leaders. You are proactive, results-oriented, demonstrate a sense of urgency and a high level of energy and passion. You are unwilling to compromise personal integrity/ethics and maintain confidentiality.
Your Next Challenge:
- Manage, plan and direct high-volume workflow and daily operations of all functions of the Travel and Expense team, expense auditing/reporting and PCard (employee purchasing card) program operations
- Research travel and expense industry trends for continuous improvement of Getty’s travel and expense strategy and programs. Identify opportunities to update policies and systems, and streamline processes by continually reviewing how work is performed and implement appropriate changes
- Act as the system administrator for the Concur expense processing system, understanding the configuration and features of the system in detail and being the functional contact with Concur on technical matters
- Execute on strategies to develop and strengthen customer relationships and deliver on customer expectations
- Able to apply understanding of system and transactions workflow, demonstrating effective controls and policies, and ensuring continuous knowledge of key controls
- Review reconciliations of Travel and Expense accounts and develop and maintain internal controls for accounting procedures that ensure accurate payment and accounting of Travel and Expense related transactions
- Oversee the corporate travel credit card program driving increased spend to company cards
- Maintain communication and resolve problems with other corporate departments, managers, employees, auditors and various outside agencies
- Serve as a resource to staff, department heads and others for interpreting policies, procedures and regulations relating to Travel and Expense
- Participate in development, implementation of projects, tasks and/or initiatives that align with management’s goals. Collaborate with Information Technology (IT), and Concur on upgrades and testing
- Manage training and development of staff members
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in Business or Accounting, or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive finance leadership experience with exposure to T&E and/or accounts payable, ideally in a mid or large-sized global company
- Solid understanding of GAAP
- Experience in designing, implementing and evaluating the effectiveness of internal controls
- Advanced working knowledge with Word, Excel, Power Point; Experience with Concur and Oracle strongly desired
- Experience with system implementation and/or process improvements
- Solid experience with people management and building organization capability
- Flexible and adaptable based on changing business needs and environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and excellent judgment
- Excellent customer service skills
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the world’s leader in visual communication, with over 170 million assets available through its premium content site www.gettyimages.com and its leading stock content site www.istock.com. With its advanced search and image recognition technology, Getty Images serves business customers in more than 100 countries and is the first place creative and media professionals turn to discover, purchase and manage images and other digital content. Its award-winning photographers and content creators help customers produce inspiring work which appears every day in the world’s most influential newspapers, magazines, advertising campaigns, films, television programs, books and online media.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of digital media in communications and business and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit press.gettyimages.com, and for the stories, innovation and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends http://stories.gettyimages.com. Find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/gettyimages and Twitter at https://twitter.com/GettyImages.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.