User Experience Writer
Product | Calgary
Your next challenge:
You’ll join a team devoted to helping customers around the world use our photos, illustrations and video clips to create inspiring communications every day. As a UX Writer at Getty Images, you’ll collaborate with designers, product managers, researchers and engineers to write clear, concise and compelling copy that elevates our end-to-end product experience. You’ll shift between high-level content strategy and hands-on writing and editing, sweating the details to continually improve our products. On top of working with a close-knit team of writers and content strategists to apply consistent standards and raise the overall quality of our work, you’ll also help the wider product design team by engaging in regular, constructive critiques as you iterate and collaborate on defining the best possible solution. You’re a versatile, confident writer who backs up copy decisions big and small with well-thought-out rationale.
- Ensure content strategy and copy decisions align with your team’s broader roadmap.
- Plan, write, edit, test and improve Getty Images content including user interface language, microcopy, help content, labels, and navigation.
- Make copy recommendations based on your project’s goals, advocating for clear and concise content solutions that meet user needs and achieve Getty Images’ business goals.
- Bring clarity to ambiguity as you run card sort exercises, conduct content audits, and facilitate team discussions.
- Work within established editorial and tone of voice content standards to deliver high-quality copy within tight timelines.
- Embrace a culture of feedback, sharing your work early and often.
- Navigate a fast-paced environment with team members in different offices by balancing independent self-direction with frequent collaboration and open communication.
- Tell convincing stories when you share designs and decisions with your team and senior leadership.
- Advocate for the importance of copy and content strategy as a core element of creating great user experiences.
What You'll Need:
- At least 2 years of experience as a UX Writer or Content Strategist working on mobile or web products that have been released to market.
- Excellent presentation and overall communication skills.
- Positive, collaborative attitude with a passion for creating, editing and planning online content.
- Broad understanding of the many skills that fit under the title of UX Writer, including problem definition, creating user flows, maintaining and evolving guidelines and, of course, writing.
- A solid history of outstanding writing and a portfolio of strong examples with stories of how your end-to-end design approach and role led to meaningful improvements.
- Proven ability to manage multiple and distinct projects at the same time.
- Experience thriving in an agile/lean development environment.
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the world’s leader in visual communication, with over 170 million assets available through its premium content site www.gettyimages.com and its leading stock content site www.istock.com. With its advanced search and image recognition technology, Getty Images serves business customers in more than 100 countries and is the first place creative and media professionals turn to discover, purchase and manage images and other digital content. Its award-winning photographers and content creators help customers produce inspiring work which appears every day in the world’s most influential newspapers, magazines, advertising campaigns, films, television programs, books and online media.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of digital media in communications and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit press.gettyimages.com, and for the stories, innovation and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends http://stories.gettyimages.com. Find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/gettyimages and Twitter at https://twitter.com/GettyImages.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace