C++ Developer - Market Data
How You Can Make an Impact
As a Software Developer at Geneva Trading, you will join a hands-on, performance-driven team focused on the building and enhancement of our next generation market data system. The Market Data (MD) team is responsible for establishing and maintaining low-latency trading strategy connectivity to exchanges. This person will work alongside a group of talented and passionate individuals to scale and optimize our market data decoders and streams across global markets and will be compensated appropriately for their efforts. The ideal candidate has a detail-oriented engineering methodology with a strong desire to help shape the future of our market data stack.
- Assist with the re-design of our current market data software stack
- Design, implement and support a robust testing framework
- Explore alternative network distribution and consumptions libraries
- Maintain exchange and internal messaging API's
- Provide production support and improve functional and unit tests
What You'll Need
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or another STEM-related field of study
- 3+ years of experience developing object-oriented C++ software in a high-performance, low-latency environment required
- High-level of competencies in the following areas:
- Low-level performance
- STL internals
- Multi-threaded, lock-free software development
- Template programming (metaprogramming a plus)
- Trading system architecture
- Knowledge of commodities and futures markets highly preferred
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely across all levels of the organization
- Self-directed with the ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines consistently
Who We Are
Geneva Trading LLC is a global principal trading firm founded in 1999 with offices in Chicago and Dublin. Our dedication to the improvement and optimization of our best-in-class proprietary technology allows our firm to compete on all levels in the global trading industry. We pride ourselves on a collaborative culture of integrity, trust, passion, and dedication to personal excellence. Our flat organizational structure and casual environment attracts individuals with the drive to innovate and has led to our consistent success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.