Junior Discretionary Trader
How You Can Make an Impact
We are excited to offer an opportunity for entrepreneurial and highly motivated individuals interested in gaining financial markets and trading experience through our training and mentorship program. These programs are structured to provide you with a training regimen that will push you to be your best and the technological tools that are necessary to succeed.
As a Junior Discretionary Trader in our program, you will have customized training and daily guidance to learn the intricacies of the futures markets and how to capitalize on them. At the end of the mentorship program, you will be able to successfully capture edge while leveraging our low latency proprietary platform and custom trading tools.
Our Discretionary Trading Team promotes a culture of flexibility and collaboration with a focus on long-term growth both personally and professionally. We offer our Junior Discretionary Traders a competitive compensation and benefits structure that continues to scale as they grow with the firm.
- Work in a concerted effort with other team members while having first-line responsibility to help meet personal and team profitability goals while remaining within the company’s defined risk and capital allocation limits
- Research and identify new profitable trading opportunities while improving revenue capture of existing trading strategies
- Use strategic decision-making techniques to optimize trade selection and execution
- Complete all phases of the mentorship program with integrity
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in a STEM-related field of study
- Prior successful experience in a high-pressured competitive environment (trading, gaming, poker, athletics, etc.)
- Strong desire to learn about the financial markets and complex financial products
- Prior professional or academic experience with market microstructure a plus
- Demonstrated self-starter with a history of mental discipline and calculated risk-taking
- Strong communication skills combined with a team-oriented mindset
- Natural problem-solver with an ability to execute quickly
- High proficiency in Excel; Basic programming experience with Python, SQL, R a plus
Who We Are
Geneva Trading LLC is a global principal trading firm founded in 1999 with offices in Chicago and Dublin. Our dedication to the improvement and optimization of our best-in-class proprietary technology allows our firm to compete on all levels in the global trading industry. We pride ourselves on a collaborative culture of integrity, trust, passion, and dedication to personal excellence. Our flat organizational structure and casual environment attracts individuals with the drive to innovate and has led to our consistent success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, age, disability, race colour, nationality, ethnicity, national origins, or membership of the Traveller community.