Job Type: Part Time (Regular)
Who We Are
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (“Gateway”) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming companies in Canada. Operating in British Columbia, Edmonton and Ontario, Gateway has over 6,000 employees and operates 25 gaming properties with more than 280 tables, over 9,600 slots, 68 restaurants and bars and 272 hotel rooms. As the selected service provider for the Central Gaming Bundle in Ontario, Gateway will bring two more properties and one new planned build in Wasaga Beach or Collingwood to the Gateway portfolio when fully implemented. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, which has dramatically improved the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. This includes brands like Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley’s Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada.
Why Work For Us
Gateway celebrates and empowers those employees who made it all possible. A career at Gateway means great people, a great atmosphere and career advancement opportunities across our 26 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs for all while working in an engaging and fun environment. Join us today!
The possibilities of developing your skills are countless when working in the cage –heart of the casino.
As a Cashier, you will accurately verify, reconcile, and process currency and chip transactions. Our comprehensive training program empowers self-motivated individuals to take their career to the next level to achieve both professional and personal success.
A Great Fit, if You
- Are friendly, polite, patient, courteous, and quick to provide solutions
- Are thorough and accurate especially when it comes to managing cash
- Enjoy calculating numbers and working with spreadsheets
- Enjoy working with a team, can juggle multiple tasks, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Are a night owl, and benefit from working flexible hours, evenings, and weekends
- Counts and verifies opening and closing floats for all coin, currency, chips, and marketing items
- Exchanges foreign currency and traveler’s cheques for cash, redeems chips for cash, and exchanges large Canadian currency for smaller bills
- Counts and physically lays out cash and value chips according to established company policies and procedures
- Records transactions in Casino Management Software and verifies printed reports
What You’ll Require
- Minimum 6 months of cash handling experience
- Ability to add and multiply; balance floats/spreadsheets
- DealUs In (Phase 1) and Reel Facts VLT training available within 30 days of start (In Alberta)
- Ability to pull, lift, and carry objects such as a cashier tray and can transport a heavy cart
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Good manual dexterity to accurately handle cash, tickets, and chips
What Is Next
Love what you see so far? For the best chance to hear from us, apply within 30 days of the posting date.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!