Chef de Partie
Job Type: Salary
Who We Are
From our humble beginnings of two properties and 150 employees to 18 gaming properties with more than 3,800 employees, Gateway growth is a result of dedication to our values of RITE: Respect, Integrity, Team-Work & Exceptional Customer Service. These values align with our ultimate goal to become the premier Gaming, Entertainment and Hospitality organization in Canada.
Why Work For Us
Gateway celebrates and empowers those employees who made it all possible. A career at Gateway means great people, a great atmosphere and career advancement opportunities across our 18 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs for all while working in an engaging and fun environment. Join us today!
With a combination of your proactive leadership style and genuine interest in customers, you will pave the way for a highly motivated team to create the ideal dining experience!
Use your passion for food and business to manage the kitchen activities on scheduled shifts and ensure the best in service and quality.
- Manages all assigned kitchen area activities through subordinate staff and ensures they have sufficient resources available.
- Participates and provide feedback on the training, appraising performance, coaching, and administering discipline.
- Ensures that all food is prepared in accordance with predetermined quality standards.
- Ensures consistent and the highest caliber of food presentation and takes advantage of opportunities to improve upon both.
- Ensures cleanliness and hygiene is maintained and that food products are rotated to ensure high standards of freshness.
- Ensures refrigerators and storerooms are organized and maintained and that all food products are correctly stored.
- Liaises with the Sous chef/ Executive Chef to ensure that a high level of effective communication is maintained and participates in culinary initiatives.
- Ensures appropriate stock levels are maintained.
- Participates and assists with banquet and event preparation.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of all emergency procedures.
What You’ll Require
- Diploma or degree in culinary arts or restaurant management preferred
- 2 years experience in restaurant supervision or an equivalent combination of education, and experience
- FoodSafe Level 1 (BC)
- Red Seal or equivalent certification an asset
- Proven leadership skills - able to direct and supervise staff
- Working knowledge of Point of Sale system(s)
- Computer skills: spreadsheets, word processing, email
- Working knowledge with spreadsheets, word processing software, email, point of sale and inventory control applications
- General understanding of casino and convention operations
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Self motivated and able to multi-task
- Excellent communicator – both written and verbal English
- Proven to be detail oriented, reliable, punctual, efficient, and diligent in duties and responsibilities
- Demonstrates and promotes teamwork proficiency
What Is Next<span
Love what you see so far? For the best chance to hear from us, apply within 30 days of the posting date.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!