Corporate Food and Beverage Training Manager
Job Type: Full Time (Regular)
Who We Are
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (“Gateway”) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming companies in Canada. Operating in British Columbia, Edmonton and Ontario, Gateway has over 6,000 employees and operates 25 gaming properties with more than 280 tables, over 9,600 slots, 68 restaurants and bars and 272 hotel rooms. As the selected service provider for the Central Gaming Bundle in Ontario, Gateway will bring two more properties and one new planned build in Wasaga Beach or Collingwood to the Gateway portfolio when fully implemented. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, which has dramatically improved the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. This includes brands like Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley’s Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada.
Why Work For Us
Gateway celebrates and empowers those employees who made it all possible. A career at Gateway means great people, a great atmosphere and career advancement opportunities across our 26 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs for all while working in an engaging and fun environment. Join us today!
This position is responsible for developing and executing a Food and Beverage workforce training program to support food and beverage operations. The Corporate Food and Beverage Training Manager also works with operational food and beverage stakeholders and casino management to define employee training, and to determine the best training delivery methods, coordinate the development of internal courses and training materials through the appropriate internal systems and processes,
- Develops, coordinates and evaluates curriculum development, training outlines, reference materials and handouts for new employee training programs.
- Works with Food and Beverage Managers, Human Resources, and Casino stakeholders to create food and beverage training material.
- Develops and establishes training objectives and standard to be consistent with the operational goals.
- Determines appropriate instructional methodologies and formats; evaluates and recommends external programs, as appropriate to meet training goals and objectives.
- Oversees the delivery of individual and/or group training and instructional programs, based on previously established programs providing technical, operation, and customer service skills training.
- Supervises the trainers during training implementation, evaluates performance, and makes recommendations; motivates trainers to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Serves as a resource to food and beverage operations in the identification and resolution of training concerns, which may affect the quality of services and supports the Food and Beverage Managers to meet corporate expectations and standards.
What You’ll Require
- 3 years’ experience supervising or managing food and beverage staff and/or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- 1 year of food and beverage training and/or training coordination experience.
- 2-4 years of experience developing training materials and programs.
- Certified Training and Development Practitioner (CTDP) designation preferred.
- Ability to identify operational training needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of food and beverage operations and technical training standards and needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of adult learning principles, and of a wide range of training methods, techniques, and formats.
- Demonstrated success in facilitation and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership, communication and collaborative abilities.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft software (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
What Is Next
Love what you see so far? For the best chance to hear from us, apply within 30 days of the posting date.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!