Chef De Partie
Job Type: Full Time (Regular)
Who We Are
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (“Gateway”) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming companies in Canada. Operating in British Columbia, Edmonton and Ontario, Gateway has over 6,000 employees and operates 25 gaming properties with more than 280 tables, over 9,600 slots, 68 restaurants and bars and 272 hotel rooms. As the selected service provider for the Central Gaming Bundle in Ontario, Gateway will bring two more properties and one new planned build in Wasaga Beach or Collingwood to the Gateway portfolio when fully implemented. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, which has dramatically improved the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. This includes brands like Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley’s Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada.
Why Work For Us
Gateway celebrates and empowers those employees who made it all possible. A career at Gateway means great people, a great atmosphere and career advancement opportunities across our 26 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs for all while working in an engaging and fun environment. Join us today!
With a combination of your proactive leadership style and genuine interest in customers, you will pave the way for a highly motivated team to create the ideal dining experience!
Use your passion for food and business to manage the kitchen activities on scheduled shifts and ensure the best in service and quality.
- Manages all assigned kitchen area activities through subordinate staff and ensures they have sufficient resources available.
- Participates and provide feedback on the training, appraising performance, coaching, and administering discipline.
- Ensures that all food is prepared in accordance with predetermined quality standards.
- Ensures consistent and the highest caliber of food presentation and takes advantage of opportunities to improve upon both.
- Ensures cleanliness and hygiene is maintained and that food products are rotated to ensure high standards of freshness.
- Ensures refrigerators and storerooms are organized and maintained and that all food products are correctly stored.
- Liaises with the Sous chef/ Executive Chef to ensure that a high level of effective communication is maintained and participates in culinary initiatives.
- Ensures appropriate stock levels are maintained.
- Participates and assists with banquet and event preparation.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of all emergency procedures.
What You’ll Require
- Diploma or degree in culinary arts or restaurant management preferred
- 2 years experience in restaurant supervision or an equivalent combination of education, and experience
- FoodSafe Level 1 (BC)
- Red Seal or equivalent certification an asset
- Proven leadership skills - able to direct and supervise staff
- Working knowledge of Point of Sale system(s)
- Computer skills: spreadsheets, word processing, email
- Working knowledge with spreadsheets, word processing software, email, point of sale and inventory control applications
- General understanding of casino and convention operations
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to multi-task
- Excellent communicator – both written and verbal English
- Proven to be detail oriented, reliable, punctual, efficient, and diligent in duties and responsibilities
- Demonstrates and promotes teamwork proficiency
What Is Next
Love what you see so far? For the best chance to hear from us, apply within 30 days of the posting date.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!