Food and Beverage Floor Manager
Job Type: Temp Full Time
Who We Are
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (“Gateway”) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming companies in Canada. Operating in British Columbia, Edmonton and Ontario, Gateway has over 6,000 employees and operates 25 gaming properties with more than 280 tables, over 9,600 slots, 68 restaurants and bars and 272 hotel rooms. As the selected service provider for the Central Gaming Bundle in Ontario, Gateway will bring two more properties and one new planned build in Wasaga Beach or Collingwood to the Gateway portfolio when fully implemented. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, which has dramatically improved the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. This includes brands like Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley’s Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada.
Why Work For Us
Gateway celebrates and empowers those employees who made it all possible. A career at Gateway means great people, a great atmosphere and career advancement opportunities across our 26 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs for all while working in an engaging and fun environment. Join us today!
With a combination of your proactive leadership style and genuine interest in customers, you will pave the way for a highly motivated team to create the ideal dining experience!
Use your passion for food and business to manage the front-of-house activities and ensure the best in service and quality.
A Great fit, if You
- Take initiative in resolving issues and can empower a team to excel
- Love building relationships, and encouraging open communication and collaboration
- Manage your time well while handling multiple tasks under pressure
- Enjoy the excitement of casino operations
- Balance the strategic with the hands-on
- Are keen on the details and like to balance people interaction with daily paperwork
- Feel most energetic at night and benefit from working flexible hours, evenings, and weekends
- Manages staff service activities, resources, budget and scheduling
- Supervises and mentors the team; conducts recruitment, training, task allocation, and performance evaluation
- Contributes to the menu and ensures that front-of-house offerings are of the highest caliber
- Maintains and promotes updated knowledge of company policies and procedures
- Collaborates with management and coordinates food and beverage service for special events
What You’ll Require
- 1 to 2 years experience in restaurant supervision or an equivalent combination of education, and experience
- FOODSAFE Level 1 Certificate
- Leadership skills – able to direct and supervise staff
- Customer service skills – able to exceed guest expectations
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds
What Is Next
Love what you see so far? For the best chance to hear from us, apply within 30 days of the posting date.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!