Food and Beverage Supervisor
Job Type: Full Time
Who We Are
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (“Gateway”) is the largest and most diversified gaming company in Canada. Operating in British Columbia, Edmonton and Ontario, Gateway has over 6,100 employees and operates 26 gaming properties with 286 tables, over 9,800 slots, 57 restaurants and bars and 272 hotel rooms. As the selected service provider in Northern Ontario, Gateway will undertake two new planned builds in North Bay and Kenora. Gateway is undertaking an ambitious growth strategy to dramatically improve the customer experience and attract new customers. This includes the development of proprietary casino and food and beverage brands like Match Eatery & Public House and Atlas Steak + Fish. This year Gateway is celebrating 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada.
Why Work For Us
Gateway celebrates and empowers those employees who made it all possible. A career at Gateway means great people, a great atmosphere and career advancement opportunities across our 26 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs for all while working in an engaging and fun environment. Join us today!
With a combination of your proactive leadership style and genuine interest in customers, you will pave the way for a highly motivated team to create the ideal dining experience!
Use your passion for food and business to manage the front-of-house activities and ensure the best in service and quality.
A Great Fit, if You
- Take initiative in resolving issues and can empower a team to excel
- Love building relationships, and encouraging open communication and collaboration
- Manage your time well while handling multiple tasks under pressure
- Enjoy the excitement of casino operations
- Balance the strategic with the hands-on
- Are keen on the details and like to balance people interaction with daily paperwork
- Feel most energetic at night and benefit from working flexible hours, evenings, and weekends
- Manages staff service activities, resources, budget and scheduling
- Supervises and mentors the team; conduct recruitment, training, task allocation, and performance evaluation
- Contributes to the menu and ensures that front-of-house offerings are of the highest caliber
- Maintains and promotes updated knowledge of company policies and procedures
- Collaborates with management and coordinates food and beverage service for special events
What You’ll Require
- 1 to 2 years experience in restaurant supervision or an equivalent combination of education, and experience
- FOODSAFE Level 1 Certificate (In BC) / Mini Food Safety Course (In Alberta)
- DealUs In training completed prior to start date (In Alberta)
- Leadership skills – able to direct and supervise staff
- Customer service skills – able to exceed guest expectations
- Able to lift up to 15 pounds
What Is Next
Love what you see so far? For the best chance to hear from us, apply within 30 days of the posting date.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!