Who We Are
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (“Gateway”) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming companies in Canada. Operating in British Columbia, Edmonton and Ontario, Gateway has 9,000 employees and operates 27 gaming properties with more than 380 tables, over 13,200 slots, 77 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. As the new service provider for the Central Gaming Bundle in Ontario, Gateway has brought two more properties and one new planned build in Wasaga Beach or Collingwood to the Gateway portfolio when fully implemented. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, which has dramatically improved the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. This includes brands like Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley’s Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Why Work For Us
Gateway celebrates and empowers those employees who made it all possible. A career at Gateway means great people, a great atmosphere and career advancement opportunities across our 26locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs for all while working in an engaging and fun environment. Join us today!
Roll up your sleeves and get into the kitchen! Take pride in every dish you serve for our guests!
As a Line Cook, you will work with kitchen staff in processing orders and preparing food items to high standards.
A Great Fit, if You
- Love to deliver extraordinary service and thrive in a team setting
- Desire to learn new tasks and share your knowledge
- Work well under pressure, juggle multiple tasks, and manage your time well
- Are a night owl and benefit from working flexible hours, evenings, and weekends
What You’ll Require
- 1 year experience in a cook position or equivalent culinary experience
- Diploma or Certificate in Culinary Arts or comparable education preferred
- FOODSAFE Level 1 Certificate (In BC)/Mini Food Safety Course (In Alberta) is an asset
- Experience with various knife-cutting techniques, and knowledgeable in food safety preparation
- Ability to lift items weighted similar to a crate of potatoes andstand for long periods of time
What Is Next
Love what you see so far? For the best chance to hear from us, apply within 30 days of the posting date.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!