Server - Match Public House and Eatery
Job Type: Part Time (Regular)
Who We Are
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (“Gateway”) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming companies in Canada. Operating in British Columbia, Edmonton and Ontario, Gateway has over 6,000 employees and operates 25 gaming properties with more than 280 tables, over 9,600 slots, 68 restaurants and bars and 272 hotel rooms. As the selected service provider for the Central Gaming Bundle in Ontario, Gateway will bring two more properties and one new planned build in Wasaga Beach or Collingwood to the Gateway portfolio when fully implemented. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, which has dramatically improved the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. This includes brands like Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley’s Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada.
Why Work For Us
Gateway celebrates and empowers those employees who made it all possible. A career at Gateway means great people, a great atmosphere and career advancement opportunities across our 26 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs for all while working in an engaging and fun environment. Join us today!
If you pride yourself on professionalism then this is a fantastic opportunity to become part of our team.
We are looking for dynamic, outgoing, and energetic people who love to create buzz and excitement and enjoy being in the spotlight! As a Server you will increase guest loyalty by building a client network and promoting events and products.
Create a premium experience for our valued guests, maximizing the service of food and/or beverage orders.
A Great Fit, If You
- Are passionate and knowledgeable about sports
- Are comfortable initiating conversations with guests
- Know how to have fun on the job and enjoy a public facing role
- Seek opportunities to share your expertise on menu items and events
- Work well under pressure, can juggle multiple tasks and thrive in a team setting
- Benefit from working flexible hours, evenings, and weekends
- Are prepared to execute tasks with the highest of standards
- Maintains and demonstrates expert knowledge of products, events, and promotions
- Takes guests’ orders, expedites and serves food and beverages accurately within time guidelines
- Participates in promotional activities including social media or traditional communication, events, and photo sessions
- Introduces or presents live entertainment as required
What You’ll Require
- 2 or more years experience in a similar high volume restaurant (casual dining) environment
- Serving It Right (BC)/ Proserve (Alberta) Certificate
- Cash handling experience using POS system or cashier register
- Tourism, promotion, marketing, entertainment, or event training experience preferred
- World Host / Super Host certificate or other similar customer service programs preferred
- Proven selling, marketing, and service skills in a dining, retail, or promotions environment
- Food Safe Level 1 certificate
- Effective public speaking skills and presence
- Trendy sense of style and attention to personal and property’s image
- Ability to carry up to 30lbs, specifically a fully loaded serving tray
- Knowledge of specialty food and beverage items
What Is Next
Love what you see so far? For the best chance to hear from us, apply within 30 days of the posting date.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!