Acting Floor Supervisor
Job Type: Part Time (Regular)
Who We Are
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (“Gateway”) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming companies in Canada. Operating in British Columbia, Edmonton and Ontario, Gateway has over 6,000 employees and operates 25 gaming properties with more than 280 tables, over 9,600 slots, 68 restaurants and bars and 272 hotel rooms. As the selected service provider for the Central Gaming Bundle in Ontario, Gateway will bring two more properties and one new planned build in Wasaga Beach or Collingwood to the Gateway portfolio when fully implemented. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, which has dramatically improved the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. This includes brands like Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley’s Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada.
Why Work For Us
Gateway celebrates and empowers those employees who made it all possible. A career at Gateway means great people, a great atmosphere and career advancement opportunities across our 26 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs for all while working in an engaging and fun environment. Join us today!
If you lead with passion for people and service, then we’ve got an amazing opportunity for you! As a Slot Supervisor, your role in mentoring your team to execute a fast and flawless guest experience will ensure the smooth functioning of Slot operations.
A Great Fit, if You
- Are highly motivated inspire others to provide extraordinary service
- Are punctual, diligent; understand and enjoy the excitement of casino operations
- Celebrate team success, and encourage a collaborative, communicative working relationship
- Are keen on details and work well with computers
- Can assess situations carefully and take initiative in resolving high pressure issues
- Take ownership in managing the floor and juggling multiple tasks while working in a fast paced environment
- Are a night owl, and benefit from working flexible hours, evenings and weekends
- Supervises and mentors Slot Attendants, providing instruction, assigning duties, and evaluating performance while participating in slot attendant activities
- Supervises Slot play and jackpot settlement; handles player outcomes and slot machine irregularities
- Manages a cash float, verifies and provides jackpot payouts and monetary change to guests
- Replenishes and maintains slot machines, monitors machine stack lights to ensure prompt service
- Keeps up to date with company policies and procedures, provincial and local regulations for casino operations
- What You’ll Require
- 1 year experience in a supervisory position or an equivalent combination of education, and experience
- 1 year experience as a Slot Attendant an asset
- Supervisory/management/leadership training an asset
- Successful completion of courses/training required by regulators
- DealUs In (Phase 1) and Reel Facts VLT training (In Alberta)
- Ability to pull, lift, and carry objects up to 25 lbs ; may push, pull or move objects up to 50lbs (as applicable)
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
What Is Next
Love what you see so far? For the best chance to hear from us, apply within 30 days of the posting date.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!