Atlas Steak + Fish - 2nd Cook
Job Type: Casual with potential for full time hours
Who We Are
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (“Gateway”) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming companies in Canada. Operating in British Columbia, Edmonton and Ontario, Gateway has over 6,000 employees and operates 25 gaming properties with more than 280 tables, over 9,600 slots, 68 restaurants and bars and 272 hotel rooms. As the selected service provider for the Central Gaming Bundle in Ontario, Gateway will bring two more properties and one new planned build in Wasaga Beach or Collingwood to the Gateway portfolio when fully implemented. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, which has dramatically improved the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. This includes brands like Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley’s Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada.
Why Work For Us
Gateway celebrates and empowers those employees who made it all possible. A career at Gateway means great people, a great atmosphere and career advancement opportunities across our 26 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs for all while working in an engaging and fun environment. Join us today!
Want to progress your culinary career, learn from senior cooks and chefs while working in a fun, fast paced environment?
As a 2nd cook, you will work with kitchen staff in preparing food to a high standard in a timely, efficient, sanitary and consistent manner.
A Great Fit, if You
- Enjoy learning new tasks and are committed to kitchen standards
- Love to deliver extraordinary service and thrive in a team setting
- Work well under pressure, juggle multiple tasks, and manage your time well
- Are a night owl and benefit from working evenings and weekends
- 1 to 2 years experience in a cook position or equivalent culinary experience
- Diploma or Certificate in Culinary Arts or comparable education preferred
- FOODSAFE Level 1 Certificate (In BC)
- Experience with various knife-cutting techniques and knowledge of food safety preparation
- Ability to lift items weighted similar to a crate of potatoes and stand for long periods of time
What Is Next<span
Love what you see so far? For the best chance to hear from us, apply within 30 days of the posting date.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!