Server - Atlas Steak + Fish
Job Type: Part Time (Regular)
Who We Are
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (“Gateway”) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming companies in Canada. Operating in British Columbia, Edmonton and Ontario, Gateway has over 6,000 employees and operates 25 gaming properties with more than 280 tables, over 9,600 slots, 68 restaurants and bars and 272 hotel rooms. As the selected service provider for the Central Gaming Bundle in Ontario, Gateway will bring two more properties and one new planned build in Wasaga Beach or Collingwood to the Gateway portfolio when fully implemented. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, which has dramatically improved the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. This includes brands like Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley’s Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada.
Why Work For Us
Gateway celebrates and empowers those employees who made it all possible. A career at Gateway means great people, a great atmosphere and career advancement opportunities across our 26 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs for all while working in an engaging and fun environment. Join us today!
Attracts, gains and maintains loyalty of new and existing clients. Drives the success of our fine dining steakhouse through the promotion of events and products. Provides premier customer service and product knowledge to our guests while taking and filling food and beverage orders.
- Maintains and demonstrates expert knowledge of restaurant services, promotions and general information relating to the Food and Beverage department and site events.
- Ensures order process is accurate and kitchen confirms transmission of orders
- Handles payments through the company’s point of sale equipment adhering to the company policies
- Greets and provides services to guests, adhering to company service guidelines. Gathers guests’ e-mail contact info for the database.
- Communicates guest preferences to staff and management to ensure superior level of service as per guidelines
- Initiates conversation, encourages guest feedback, and reports feedback to management.
- Builds relationships with guests to enhance customer loyalty and develop the restaurant.
- Guides guests through all phases of their experience to promote return visits and recommendations.
- Promotes the sale of beverages, products, and events to guests, adhering to proper selling techniques and service guidelines. Informs guests of current feature items.
- Notifies guests of upcoming events in person, via e-mail, social media or traditional communications. Generates enthusiasm for these events.
- Constantly monitors the cleanliness and aesthetics of the dining area and patio and takes action where required including bussing duties. Adheres to Food Safe principles. Conducts a thorough section check prior to start and end of shift.
- Attends and participates in off-site events to promote the restaurant and the casino as required.
What You’ll Require
- 1 or more year’s experience in a similar fine dining restaurant environment
- Cash handling experience using POS system or cashier register
- Food Safe Level 1 (BC)
- WHMIS training an asset
- World Host / Super Host certificate or other similar customer service programs
- Tourism, promotion, marketing, entertainment, event training experience preferred
- Fluency in second language an asset
- Knowledge of specialty food and beverage items
- Excellent interpersonal skills – effective listening, outgoing, fun attitude, enthusiastic, professional
- Ability to initiate client conversation and discreetly obtain contact information
- Proven selling, marketing, and service skills in a dining, retail, or promotions environment
- Ability to walk/stand for long periods of time
- Ability to carry up to 20lbs, specifically a fully loaded serving tray
What Is Next
Love what you see so far? For the best chance to hear from us, apply within 30 days of the posting date.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!