FYidoctors - Delta - Home Office is currently recruiting for a Senior Accountant on a permanent Full-Time basis at our Manufacturing location located in Delta, BC.
We are growing! It is an exciting and transformational time at our Company; due to recent promotions, we are seeking someone to join our Accounting team to help with the financial reporting, day-to-day accounting operations, and mentoring within our accounting team.
FYidoctors, Canada’s fastest-growing eye care provider, is a young and exciting entrepreneurial company. What started as a small group of 30 optometrists has grown to over 500 optometrists and over 250 locations in only twelve years! Our model is unique. We believe in progressive lens technology and manufacturing (at our own manufacturing facility right here in Canada), investing in the most current diagnostic equipment, and a consultative culture led by some of Canada’s most respected and reputable optometrists. We believe our success comes from our passionate people, and we require energetic and enthusiastic leaders to join this dynamic team.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform a variety of period-end closing procedures including preparing or approving of manual journal entries, working papers, and reconciliations to ensure data is critically assessed and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Analyze and reconcile variances between the general ledger, sub ledger and systems.
- Assist management in the evaluation of periodic results, including explanations for the budget, forecast and prior year variances.
- Identify and coordinate accounting research processes with accounting team.
- Mentor and train junior team members.
- Assist in the audit process with our external auditors.
- Ensure internal control environment is adhered to, documented and continually assessed for its effectiveness. Recommend and implement improvements if necessary.
- Assist in the completion of ad hoc or special projects throughout the business as required.
- Look to continually improve standard operating procedures and processes.
- Support and assist the accounting team in completing the ERP implementation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- The candidate is a professional, technically proficient, independent thinker who builds positive relationships and likes to have fun!
- Possesses advanced communication skills to all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated strong leadership competencies: able to positively influence others, create a positive work environment, and effectively support, provide feedback and direct work.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with tight deadlines.
- Able to set clear goals and establish accountabilities for self and team.
- Sound judgment, thorough problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Positive attitude and a desire for continuous improvement for self and the organization.
- S/he must have integrity beyond reproach.
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA or CPA) is required.
- A minimum of four years of progressive accounting experience is required.
- Experience in a Big 4 accounting firm is considered an asset.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Office products, specifically MS Excel.
- Experience with an ERP system, especially Netsuite, is considered an asset.
- Experience in a manufacturing, health care, retail or service industry is considered an asset.
HOW YOU’LL BENEFIT:
- Competitive compensation package.
- Comprehensive rewards package.
- Rapid and continued growth, ensuring a constantly challenging and rewarding environment.
- A workplace culture where collaboration is fostered.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY:
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We politely request no telephone calls, please.